Question Is this OC on my gtx 1060 3gb safe?

Hello I recently watched some videos about OC'ing my gpu.

I got it to the numbers in this photo with no crashes using Heaven Benchmark on Ultra.

jkwvg7.jpg

Temps reach max of 75c at 80% fan speed. I have also not had any crashes in game. Have been using this profile while gaming for about 2 weeks. It gives me roughly 10-15fps boost in Heaven Benchmark and eliminates small frame drops in GTA V.

Is this safe for the 1060?

Pc Specs

CPU- RYZEN 5 2600 (3.9GHZ)
GPU- GIGABYTE GTX 1060 3GB
MOBO- MSI TOMAHAWK B450
RAM- 2X4GB DDR4 3000MHZ 1.35V
SSD- SAMSUNG 860 EVO 250GB
HDD- WD BLUE 500GB
PSU- CORSAIR CX550M
CPU COOLER- COOLER MASTER HYPER T2
CASE FANS- ANTEC x3 120MM PRIZM FANS

I've tortured my 1050Ti with core voltage to the max as the power limit, no issues whatsoever ever happened (fan speed 100% , temps never saw above 46*C).
Only some games might be sensitive to the Memory clock settings, like for me world of tanks was sensitive and I had to drop from full 1000+ to half of it or less than half.
The 1000 series are pretty much locked down and only overheating might damage them, other things as failed oc or similar, no.

You can achieve higher oc using Frequency/Voltage curve editor (3 dots left of the core clock), you might achieve higher oc on core clock, where the GPU stays on load on that specific Freq/Voltage you can increase that one, try it.

Reactions: liamwhalley20

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
You can achieve higher oc using Frequency/Voltage curve editor (3 dots left of the core clock), you might achieve higher oc on core clock, where the GPU stays on load on that specific Freq/Voltage you can increase that one, try it.

How does that work exactly? Because on my 1060 6gb I cannot for the life of me unlock the core voltage tried so many ways, If I go any higher than 2150 MHz on core clock I get voltage throttling and it drops to about 2119 MHz, and it shows up in hwinfo64 as power reliability throttling also :O

I've tortured my 1050Ti with core voltage to the max as the power limit, no issues whatsoever ever happened (fan speed 100% , temps never saw above 46*C).
Only some games might be sensitive to the Memory clock settings, like for me world of tanks was sensitive and I had to drop from full 1000+ to half of it or less than half.
The 1000 series are pretty much locked down and only overheating might damage them, other things as failed oc or similar, no.

Well Im very new to OC'ing. Im hardly knowledgeable enough to feel comfortable setting a custom curve on the voltage.

If this OC is safe and wont cause any long term issues then Im fine with it as its just what I needed to get my performance where I want it to be.

Thanks for the info though as I do love to learn about new things I just dont want to damage it lol.

1000 series GPU's are really locked down, even playing with that voltage would not do anything at all.
I've been trying to overclock my 1050Ti , soo in 6-7h of doing soo I've managed 1973MHz and 4503MHz on memory. And I've done world record on Superposition Benchmark.
(its other one 1530, but I cannot find the image right now).
But sometimes its not good to push the limit of GPU, enjoy the overclock tho :)
Superposition-Benchmark-v1-0-1536-1519135375.png

https://benchmark.unigine.com/leaderboards/superposition/1.x/1080p-extreme/single-gpu/page-1
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: liamwhalley20