Question Is this pc any good?

The spec list is very capable of high-resolution gaming.
The PC looks good and should be pretty powerful for even the most intensive workloads.
The 2400mhz ram isn't ideal, but it should still perform ok.

If you zoom into the photo you can tell the PSU is a Gamdias ASTRAPE M1-750B 80+ Bronze. This unit is bad. All Gamdias units rank as a "just don't buy" on the ltt PSU tier list.
It seems to have a good 60A on the 12v rail and seems to be 85%. It also has overvoltage protection and RGB. None of that matters if the PSU fails.
https://www.newegg.com/gamdias-astrape-m1-750b-750w/p/N82E16817311012?Item=9SIA25V9126532&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-IPC Store--Power Supplies--9SIA25V9126532&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi43oBRDBARIsAExSRQHs5QCDO17UeWa91ZHRee0r8QayPXTyudrCYZWlSlAsLhZO7-DrvwAaAiN-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019
The spec list is very capable of high-resolution gaming.
The PC looks good and should be pretty powerful for even the most intensive workloads.
The 2400mhz ram isn't ideal, but it should still perform ok.

If you zoom into the photo you can tell the PSU is a Gamdias ASTRAPE M1-750B 80+ Bronze. This unit is bad. All Gamdias units rank as a "just don't buy" on the ltt PSU tier list.
It seems to have a good 60A on the 12v rail and seems to be 85%. It also has overvoltage protection and RGB. None of that matters if the PSU fails.
https://www.newegg.com/gamdias-astrape-m1-750b-750w/p/N82E16817311012?Item=9SIA25V9126532&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-IPC Store--Power Supplies--9SIA25V9126532&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi43oBRDBARIsAExSRQHs5QCDO17UeWa91ZHRee0r8QayPXTyudrCYZWlSlAsLhZO7-DrvwAaAiN-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thank you for a very clear answer!

If you zoom into the photo you can tell the PSU is a Gamdias ASTRAPE M1-750B 80+ Bronze.
It seems to have a good 60A on the 12v rail and seems to be pretty efficient. It also has overcurrent protection. Still, Gamdias isnt a well know brand.

Nice catch. Anyways, I agree GAMDIS isn't a very well known power PSU brand. I wouldn't risk using this to power up any high-end gaming PC. RAM frequency is also low for the RYZEN CPU.

Jun 11, 2019
If you buy the prebuilt and modify it, you won't have a warranty. If you build your own, each part will usually have a decent warranty. If something is broken, send it back.
Well you see I’m using a Walmart credit card so I can pay little by little each month because I can’t really afford any pc right now so I’m just paying every month little by little

based on the parts in the system (randomly guessing on models ofc and goign by mid priced ones)

the cpu/gpu/ram/storage/MB coem to around $950 (add $50~ more for a PSU thats rated)

so if u could get a case, soem fans, OS (technically they are free if u dont mind limitations that can be worked around) for total of under $300 you'd save in long run.

but it is a fair price and would do games decently.

I mean the card is good but the games are just not the best-optimized games I've ever seen ARK gets barely over 80 FPS on max settings on an overclocked 2080 so probs in the 40-60 range for a 2070

PUBG gets in the 100's since the devs of PUBG have really worked on optimization which is great but as for ARK they seem to be focusing on adding content then making a smoother experience

Jun 11, 2019
I mean the card is good but the games are just not the best-optimized games I've ever seen ARK gets barely over 80 FPS on max settings on an overclocked 2080 so probs in the 40-60 range for a 2070

PUBG gets in the 100's since the devs of PUBG have really worked on optimization which is great but as for ARK they seem to be focusing on adding content then making a smoother experience
Do you think that this pc is better then the one I showed above?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/View9000...700-SSD-Hard-Available-i7-1070-Read/727797180

im really confused on which pc I should get and I have to get it from Walmart cause I have a Walmart credit card that lets me pay little by little

Saying that a PC is bad because of "slow" ram is ridiculous.

FYI, RYZEN processors do require higher frequency RAM module sticks, for better performance. Though, I agree having a slower RAM won't hurt that much of a gaming performance either, but it still affects, if using a RYZEN CPU.

Ryzen actually benefits from it because the speed of the Infinity Fabric connecting the 2 DIES runs at the speed of the memory. For gaming it will be somewhat noticeable, for anything else it won't be. AMD Ryzen processors have an appetite for faster system RAM, and I've seen many cases where a higher frequency RAM model does have a huge impact on overall performance..

Reactions: NightHawkRMX