[SOLVED] Is this pc good?

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hello my brother got a potato pc and i have fixed a pc on part picker and i wounder if it is a good pc he plays

Hearts of iron 4
Garry's mod
CS:GO sometimes
Viscera cleanup
Brawlhalla

Heres the parts
Ryzen 5 1500X 4Core 8 thread
Gigabyte GA-A320M S2H
Storage 1TB HDD toshiba P300 7200RPM 64MB
But i told him to buy an 500Gb ssd or something to hes games
Ram: Corsair vengeance 2x8Gb 3000Mhz
GPU: MSI ARMOR RX 570 8Gb OC

And the reason why i took such an old cpu is because in hes potato pc it is an gigabyte a320M in it so i tought theat i can use it in the new pc same with the HDD

But u can make better 1st gen build if this one is not great

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Its a fine build, but first off, what psu do you have? The rx570 is a fairly thirsty gpu and if the psu is low quality I wouldn't trust it to run any 100w+ gpu. Also, the rx570 you picked is pretty close to the cost of a rx 580 or a gtx 1650 super.

You did mention getting a ssd, be sure to get one with a dram cach rather then th dram-less ones, the dramless ones will have a 3 year warranty rather then 5.

The 1500x is fine if you can find it cheap enough, the 1600af mentioned above has been impossible to find at its normal price for the past month but woul've been quite nice.

Spec13

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Hi mate,

Look towards a 1600AF and an SSD as opposed to a HDD (prices are often comparable now). Just be mindful of the A320M potentially requiring updates to be compatible with the 1600AF.

Cheers,

Trav

Its a fine build, but first off, what psu do you have? The rx570 is a fairly thirsty gpu and if the psu is low quality I wouldn't trust it to run any 100w+ gpu. Also, the rx570 you picked is pretty close to the cost of a rx 580 or a gtx 1650 super.

You did mention getting a ssd, be sure to get one with a dram cach rather then th dram-less ones, the dramless ones will have a 3 year warranty rather then 5.

The 1500x is fine if you can find it cheap enough, the 1600af mentioned above has been impossible to find at its normal price for the past month but woul've been quite nice.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019

Evga BQ 600W 80+ Bronze

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Evga BQ 600W 80+ Bronze

That's not one of EVGA's good ones. For a guide to picking a good one, check out the first link in my sig below.

On another note, what about the monitor?
  • What is the monitor's resolution?
  • What is the monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does the monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
Also, the rx570 you picked is pretty close to the cost of a rx 580 or a gtx 1650 super.

Agreed, at least as of today. Still, it seems deals on the RX570 come and go on a regular basis, so the story of the price of the RX570 vs the 580 or 1650 Super might well change by tomorrow, the day after, etc.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Its an 1080p 75hz no freesync or gsync i tough of get an corsair RM650X V2 80+ gold
That Corsair is an excellent unit, you can't go wrong with it.

Hmm, if your brother wants to run games at high details at 75Hz/75fps, then the RX570 will fall short, and I'd suggest maybe the 1660 or 1660 Super (if the Super happens to be at or close to the price of the non-Super).