utkrist_karki

Reputable
Feb 6, 2019
I just want a low end budget pc capable of running games at 720p .

According to local parts , I found
I5 3450 OR I5 2400
6GB DDR3
A okay case
Asus H61M
1TB WD HDD
Any gpu following
gtx 650 gtx750ti (6pin) gtx 950 gtx 960

Now the question is I am going to buy one of these power supply as it seems to be a very reputable brand in my country.
Y9St727.jpg

Its a okay generic brand ((better than no names))

Will it be able to run my future build properly? It does have a single 6 pin PCIE connecter.If yes which is the best gpu for this psu among the ones I listed above.

I would love to own a gtx960 2G but I dont care if I have to use gtx950 .

I have seen a streamer in my country using same psu for running a
I5 8400
16 gb ddr4
Gtx1060 6G Twin Frozr
250gb ssd
2tb hdd
Goldkist 650W psu

For months and he is still streaming.
Recommendations?
Also i dont have money to buy a branded psu.this is the best i can afford

Unless the laws of physics apply differently in your country how reputable a PSU is not related to geography.

Now, that aside. The best case scenario for this PSU is that it's 450W max, it's 228 & 228W on the 12V rails, you probably can't pull that from both at the same time so it's probably 400W of 12V power. That's a 450W PSU. That's IF is does what it says on the tin, and they've already lied once calling it a 650W PSU. It might be safe to assume 350W and play it with your fingers crossed.

Having said that any of those cards should be fine. But they are all a little low on Vram.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, of those, the GTX 960 would be the most powerful, but still not close to what the streamer with the 1060. However, for 720p, it should do well.

I can't see the pic of the PSU that you plan to buy (I'm at work right now). HOEWVER - a PSU is NOT where you make any compromises. Go for a known, high-quality model.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I can't see the pic of the PSU that you plan to buy (I'm at work right now).

Good thing, too, the picture's not safe for work! It's one of those really horrible Goldkist units they sell in south Asia to builders who don't know any better.

OP, there's a general rule for installing a GPU: if you don't have the budget for a GPU and a safe power, you don't actually have the budget for a GPU. If spending a little extra to get something safe is too expensive, then replacing that GPU or motherboard or CPU (or all of them) is really too expensive.

It's unfortunate you live in a place where incomes are far lower than the US, but the reality is that how electricity works doesn't change based on where you are. If anything, a quality PSU is even more important in a less-developed country because power delivery is likely to be lower quality and more inconsistent. I'd love if there were a dirt-cheap, dependable PSU I could offer you, but there isn't and it's a safety part, whereas a GPU is a luxury item.

The integrated graphics in those CPUs would prevent you from playing any modern, AAA games, but games have been available to a mass market since the 1970s and there are decades of wonderful games to choose from that don't require a GPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: utkrist_karki

utkrist_karki

Reputable
Feb 6, 2019
Unless the laws of physics apply differently in your country how reputable a PSU is not related to geography.

Now, that aside. The best case scenario for this PSU is that it's 450W max, it's 228 & 228W on the 12V rails, you probably can't pull that from both at the same time so it's probably 400W of 12V power. That's a 450W PSU. That's IF is does what it says on the tin, and they've already lied once calling it a 650W PSU. It might be safe to assume 350W and play it with your fingers crossed.

Having said that any of those cards should be fine. But they are all a little low on Vram.

Hello!
Thank you for the suggestion .This pc might be enough for pc gaming.
Are you sure those cards wont blow up?
Will a 950 work on it ?

utkrist_karki

Reputable
Feb 6, 2019
Hello!
Well, of those, the GTX 960 would be the most powerful, but still not close to what the streamer with the 1060. However, for 720p, it should do well.

I can't see the pic of the PSU that you plan to buy (I'm at work right now). HOEWVER - a PSU is NOT where you make any compromises. Go for a known, high-quality model.
Thank you for the reply.

I dont want to stream or play AAA titles.maybe older AAA TITLES.
Just need a cheap usuable pc for esport titles and school work

utkrist_karki

Reputable
Feb 6, 2019
Good thing, too, the picture's not safe for work! It's one of those really horrible Goldkist units they sell in south Asia to builders who don't know any better.

OP, there's a general rule for installing a GPU: if you don't have the budget for a GPU and a safe power, you don't actually have the budget for a GPU. If spending a little extra to get something safe is too expensive, then replacing that GPU or motherboard or CPU (or all of them) is really too expensive.

It's unfortunate you live in a place where incomes are far lower than the US, but the reality is that how electricity works doesn't change based on where you are. If anything, a quality PSU is even more important in a less-developed country because power delivery is likely to be lower quality and more inconsistent. I'd love if there were a dirt-cheap, dependable PSU I could offer you, but there isn't and it's a safety part, whereas a GPU is a luxury item.

The integrated graphics in those CPUs would prevent you from playing any modern, AAA games, but games have been available to a mass market since the 1970s and there are decades of wonderful games to choose from that don't require a GPU.
Absolutely!
You guys do seem to have a good marketplace for both used and new
Here, used sells for price of new ones while new ones go for double the price.

I will have to check if theres some good units here. Do you recommend EVGA psus?
400W BT something series .seems only the bang for the buck here.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I think the various B series from EVGA are questionable. I can never quite keep track of which ones are good and which are bad.

There are some Corsair models that are good... I think that the HX, AX, and RMx series are the good ones, but I'd prefer someone else to re-confirm that for me. In my head, I think in my head that the H, A, and RM will be sure not to HARM your system :D

Seasonic is the brand where you can't go wrong with just about any model they make.