[SOLVED] Is this prebuilt to good to be true?

Jan 8, 2020
Hey guys i saw this very good prebuilt gaming pc for just under 1300 Euros.
I was wondering if this pc is good for its price?
Amd Ryzen 3700X -
Gigabyte(on the picture atleast) Rtx 2070 —
2x8 GB 3200Mhz
Intel 660P 1 TB Ssd 1800MB/s ( i Think)
700 W bronze power supply, ive been inspecting it, in the pictures its a shakroon but in person it looks like some no brand power supply i could be wrong
Gigabyte x570 UD
Case: Sharkeoon TG4
and also win 10 home
So if i would build this myself i would be at 1332 euros which is unbelievable. So is this pc to good to be true? I don’t know yet.

Solution
Building it myself would probably be the safest option but i have no clue how to build a pc, watched countless of these tutorials on youtube and still scared to fk something up or break something. If my prebuilt malfunctions i could just go back to the store and they fix it or replace it. If i build one myself ill probaly have to pay someone. Thats why im struggling here. I want the best parts but not be taking risk to screw things up.

I know the first step is always hard, but honestly it's not difficult at all. It's literally popping things into a couple slots, screwing in a few drives here, cleaning up the cables, and then flipping a switch.

Re-watch a few videos (not from the verge) and give it a go. It's just like cooking...
If you can build it yourself for the same price, I would recommend doing so. Especially if the PSU isn't name brand on the pre-built. I wouldn't trust a gaming computer with non-brand PSU.

Typically a cheap pre-built will skimp on something here or there to save & make a quick buck but I don't know the full details so I can't speak for them. That being said, there's still a possibility of it having cheap parts. If you don't mind any of that and want the build pre-made, then yeah it's a good deal. Just make sure you know what you're getting before handing over the money and what you can do yourself.

Jan 8, 2020
If you can build it yourself for the same price, I would recommend doing so. Especially if the PSU isn't name brand on the pre-built. I wouldn't trust a gaming computer with non-brand PSU.

Typically a cheap pre-built will skimp on something here or there to save & make a quick buck but I don't know the full details so I can't speak for them. That being said, there's still a possibility of it having cheap parts. If you don't mind any of that and want the build pre-made, then yeah it's a good deal. Just make sure you know what you're getting before handing over the money and what you can do yourself.
Building it myself would probably be the safest option but i have no clue how to build a pc, watched countless of these tutorials on youtube and still scared to fk something up or break something. If my prebuilt malfunctions i could just go back to the store and they fix it or replace it. If i build one myself ill probaly have to pay someone. Thats why im struggling here. I want the best parts but not be taking risk to screw things up.

Reactions: testsubject2575

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Buy the PC by parts and you could pay a professional computer technician to assemble it for you.

I know the first step is always hard, but honestly it's not difficult at all. It's literally popping things into a couple slots, screwing in a few drives here, cleaning up the cables, and then flipping a switch.

Re-watch a few videos (not from the verge) and give it a go. It's just like cooking something new for the first time, you might make a mistake here or there, but nothing fatal.

The only real way you can break a component during installation is if you:
  • drop it
  • get it wet and plugging it into power right away
  • literally hammer the devices into position
  • bend the PCB boards
  • discharge static shock when holding a component (power supply is ironically an exception since the casing is designed for shock tolerance)
  • or simply plug in the wrong power cables to the wrong slots (but the cables are labeled nowadays)
So if you're not a clumsy oaf than you should be fine.
The quick-and-easy steps to building a PC:
  • Install the PSU into the case first and run all the cables you're going to need to their final destination.
  • Discharge any static in your body by touching any metal surface
  • Install the CPU, CPU cooler, M.2 ssd (if you got one), and RAM onto the mobo before putting it into the case. (Or if you want to test your core components to see if there is an issue, then make sure your GPU and boot drive is installed as well to test it all before installing it in the case.)
  • Once everything is set, install the mobo into the case
  • install the GPU
  • install the drive (if it wasn't installed already)
  • plug in the cables that were run before-hand (for the 24 pin, make sure you hold the bottom of the mobo while pushing in the cable from the top to prevent bending the PCB, push down with firm but gentle force)
  • and then flip the switch
I'm telling you all these steps because it's really important to learn that components these days are more durable than people let on. You can literally wash your GPU and it'll be fine, just let it dry before plugging it back in. The real dangers are what I listed above.

From personal experience, after you've finished your first ever build, you'll be craving the desire to build more. I've gone from building a computer to assembling entire servers with spare parts just laying around. It's a fun hobby and practical skill to learn. Have fun and experiment.

But if you still feel uneasy, yeah you could hire a professional, and that person could be me. Someone getting paid to do something he enjoys and is pretty easy to do honestly.

Last edited:
Solution