Is this PSU enough for what I want?

MaxZeta

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Hello everyone, so my question is simple but I will give you a bit details before.

I'm undertaking to build a rig with a MSI GAMING RX 470 and an I5 6500 with a Z170 Mobo.

My plan is, in the future (like 2 years or so) add another Rx 470 for Crossfire AND replace the 6500 for a 6600k and overclock. By that time I have the confidence they will be cheaper AND would be somewhat on pair to what would be available at the moment (I guess, i'm taking a gamble here).

So, an EVGA 600B PSU would be enough to feed that future 6600k and the Rx 470 crossfire?, or should I go with a Seasonic S12II-620 620W 80+ Bronze Power Supply (SEA-S12II-620)?

Thanks!

Low Profile Gamer

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
You should get the SeaSonic power supply. Investing on a great quality power supply is a good idea since you plan on doing crossfire, and overclocking in the future :)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd go for Seasonic.

But for future OC and 2-way Crossfire, i'd be much safer using Seasonic X-750.
It's 80+ Gold and also a Tier one PSU.
specs: https://seasonic.com/product/x-750/

MaxZeta

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

Sorry for not replying sooner, i had internet problems.

One final question. If I won't OC or do crossfire, Would that EVGA 600B be enough for the rig I'm planning? I know it's not the best of the best, but it's on discount and a very affordable price in my country (like 75% off)

MaxZeta

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

I plan on OC in the distant future but then i thought Why buy a good PSU for OC if I'm going to OC in about 2 or 3 years? Why not buy a brand new PSU then?

By the way, I buy a Z170 mobo because the H come with 2133MHz ram, but the Z can reach 3200MHz. DDR4 is expensive now, but in the future years it will drop and i don't want to get stuck with the bare minimum.

Low Profile Gamer

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
I made the wrong decision of choosing a cheap PSU over a quality one before, since they produce the same wattage. My Corsair VS450 is a cheap PSU. It's from a reputable brand so it could supply the 450w, I even ran the original titan on this PSU before. It can also withstand 24/7 use. However, reliability wise, it's an unreliable PSU. From the 3 years that I had it, it gave me problems such as when I open the PC, the fans would start spinning then stop, and the PC won't boot. Then it will do that over and over again until I unplug it. I usually fix it by replugging the cables. It has happened to me about 10x already. I heard stories about the EVGA 500B and 600B having the same problems as mine. So I really insist that you get a good quality PSU such as the Seasonic in order to have a reliable and stable system.

MaxZeta

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

Well, I also read people having some issues, but I thoght they were isolated since their posts were from different years, but I will follow you up in this one. I will squeeze some extra bucks and spare me some headache and probably worse.

Thanks everyone for the help!!