Is this PSU enough?

Solution
The wattage is plenty for a single card, the amperage (combined maximum on the 12V) is listed as 61Amp - more then enough for the card and the system.
Make it simple; just us two of the PCIE connections supplied with the PSU; do not us splitters and adapters. Don't worry about the multiple rails: The problems originally associated with multi. railed system of several years ago have pretty much been eliminated.
It should all run just fine, maybe even leave a little electrical headroom for some overclocking, should you decide to do that.

Atlas_Atkinson

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
How about the Amps?

I'm trying to find out if I can properly setup the PSU and GPU.

Example:
- Use 2 8-pin connectors
or
- Use the Y splitters supplied and have 4 6-pins to the 2 8-pins on GPU (Doesn't sound right.)
or
- One Y splitter and one 8-pin from PSU to GPU (Sounds even sketchier).

The wattage is plenty for a single card, the amperage (combined maximum on the 12V) is listed as 61Amp - more then enough for the card and the system.
Make it simple; just us two of the PCIE connections supplied with the PSU; do not us splitters and adapters. Don't worry about the multiple rails: The problems originally associated with multi. railed system of several years ago have pretty much been eliminated.
It should all run just fine, maybe even leave a little electrical headroom for some overclocking, should you decide to do that.

Solution

Atlas_Atkinson

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

For the solution:

You recommend using two 8-pins connectors, to supply the GPU?

Yes. Those circuits are dedicated to the video power (thus marked VGA).
Also, I noted that the video card has 4GB of video RAM; Are you running multiple monitors in gaming, or a 27" or larger monitor?
If not, you will not need that much VRAM: a 2GB card will do just fine.
I am using MSI Afterburner to monitor my video cards and am using a High Definition Dell 24" monitor. On Ultra settings in Crysis2 and BF3
I have never seen it use more then about 800MB of RAM.
Might save a little $$$ with a 2GB card.

Yea!! Nice set up. That card with 4GB will serve you well. YOu might need to upgrade the PSU in the FUTURE if you decide to go SLI, but that card is pretty powerful.
Thanks for joining Tom's and posting, glad I could help.