[SOLVED] Is this psu good enough?

margeris

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Hi, so im planing to get rtx 2080 and i wonder will my Gigabyte superb 650w be good enough to power it?

Solution
Yeah, please state what the age of your PSU is. FYI you're going to need at least 550W of power for the entire system with the RTX2080 populating the PCIe slot on your motherboard. The best that the PSU can deliver is probably between 350W-400W of power. Use at your own risk. I don't care about the Best Answer being awarded to someone else but I do care about dishing out the wrong information for the right situation.

You've been warned, use that PSU at your own risk.

margeris

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018

So im from lithuanina, i was planing to upgrade my cpu's cooler which is 2700x standart one with kraken x62, but it does not fit in my aerocool gt-a case, so i decided to upgrade my case to h700 nzxt, and at the same time get new psu corsairs rm750x, but it is not in stock, so i was wondering if my old one is good enough

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah, please state what the age of your PSU is. FYI you're going to need at least 550W of power for the entire system with the RTX2080 populating the PCIe slot on your motherboard. The best that the PSU can deliver is probably between 350W-400W of power. Use at your own risk. I don't care about the Best Answer being awarded to someone else but I do care about dishing out the wrong information for the right situation.

You've been warned, use that PSU at your own risk.

Solution

margeris

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018

No worries im not gonna use that with rtx 2080, firstly ill upgrade my cooler, case, psu and then gpu, thanks for them answers.

margeris

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018

You deserve. Thanks ;)