[SOLVED] Is This Ram Compatible With MBO

Nov 14, 2019
Solution
The support for specific RAM kits is less of a problem now than it was a couple years ago for Ryzen. The QVL on board manufacturers website is just a list of kits that they had time to test, it's not a concrete list. If you want to be 100% safe then get a kit from the list.

I bought a corsair 16gb 3200mhz kit that wasnt on the QVL list for my MSI B450 Tomhawk MAX with a Ryzen 5 2600 but it worked perfectly fine, I enabled A XMP to run at the 3200mhz rated speed and set the dram voltage to 1.35v which was shown on the lables on the sticks. Havent had a issue at all yet.

You can get the kit, try xmp and if it doesnt work then return it and get one from the qvl.
Is This Ram Compatible With MBO

MBO: MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ---->Link https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI/Overview
RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) CL17 Part Number: PVR416G360C6K ----> https://viper.patriotmemory.com/products/viper-rgb-performance-memory

Parts That I Have At Home
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
PSU: Gigabyte 750W Modular
M.2: WD SSD 500GB M.2 Blue
CASE: Thermaltake View 37 Riing
MBO: MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
It's not on the current list of supported memory for the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU with that MSI board, but this one is-
Patriot Viper Memory

MSI Memory Support

Reactions: ClashMine

MxzsyXII

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
The support for specific RAM kits is less of a problem now than it was a couple years ago for Ryzen. The QVL on board manufacturers website is just a list of kits that they had time to test, it's not a concrete list. If you want to be 100% safe then get a kit from the list.

I bought a corsair 16gb 3200mhz kit that wasnt on the QVL list for my MSI B450 Tomhawk MAX with a Ryzen 5 2600 but it worked perfectly fine, I enabled A XMP to run at the 3200mhz rated speed and set the dram voltage to 1.35v which was shown on the lables on the sticks. Havent had a issue at all yet.

You can get the kit, try xmp and if it doesnt work then return it and get one from the qvl.

Solution
Nov 14, 2019

Ok Thanks For Tip