Is this ram compatible with Ryzen 5 2600 and my motherboard?

thatOneguy13

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Hello, I'm in a bit of a situation.

I purchased 16gb (2x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz LPX ram, and put one module in my computer and the other in my brother's computer. My computer only even turned on when I was using different memory, meaning the module in mine was defective. The module in my brother's computer works, but he has several issues with his computer that all points to the ram being bad as well. So we have to replace the ram in both computers.

Because of Corsair's warranty, we're just going to get a replacement of the exact same thing (16gb Vengeance 2400mhz LPX). The previous issues have me a bit concerned though. Is this ram even compatible with the Ryzen 5 2600 and ASrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard? On the corsair website, it says nowhere that the ram is compatible with Ryzen cpus, and the memory QVL for the motherboard does not list the ram.

Important notes: Both of our builds are exactly the same and are new builds.

TL;DR: Is Corsair Vengeance 16gb LPX 2400mhz ram compatible with the Ryzen 5 2600 and ASrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard?

Solution
The Corsair Vengeance 16gb LPX 2400mhz RAM is DDR4, which is compatible with the motherboard.
The Ryzen 5 2600 has an AM4 socket which the motherboard also supports.
Full motherboard stuff here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/
So yes, it should all be compatible.

zackywacky

Prominent
Jul 21, 2018
The Corsair Vengeance 16gb LPX 2400mhz RAM is DDR4, which is compatible with the motherboard.
The Ryzen 5 2600 has an AM4 socket which the motherboard also supports.
Full motherboard stuff here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/
So yes, it should all be compatible.

Solution

thatOneguy13

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
2400 mhz ram because ram prices are absolutely insane and finding 3000 mhz at a reasonable price is terrible. Also, to whom it may concern, the ram is fully compatible. Corsair supplied us with a replacement, and both computers work flawlessly now.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Right now the kit you bought on Newegg is $125, the same kit in 3000 is $150. $25 is not an insane price difference and with Ryzen its completely worth it. Memory prices have gotten quite a bit better, if we were having this discussion 6 months ago it would be different.

Either way glad it works now.