Is this ram compatible with this motherboard

Solution
The motherboard is only compatible with DDR3 memory as long as you have a socket AM3 CPU installed. If your processor is at least an AM3 then yes, it is compatible. If you are running an AM2 or earlier CPU, then you can only use DDR2.

Captdonno

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
The motherboard is only compatible with DDR3 memory as long as you have a socket AM3 CPU installed. If your processor is at least an AM3 then yes, it is compatible. If you are running an AM2 or earlier CPU, then you can only use DDR2.

Solution

mrjamied99

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

thanks, I currently don't know the CPU in the computer and the reason I'm asking is because my current ram is broken. Is there a way of opening the computer and seeing what type of CPU I have?

Captdonno

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

If you bought the computer from a retail store just google the model and you should find the model processor used. Otherwise you may have to carefully remove the stock heatsink from the CPU and wipe the thermal paste off to have a hope of reading what model it is. If the motherboard had a MemOK! button on it you could bypass the RAM and boot into the BIOS to see the CPU model...but I'm guessing that board doesn't have that option. How many sticks of RAM do you have installed? Are you sure it's all broken? As long as you could post and get into the BIOS you can see what CPU is installed. Hold the delete key down when starting the computer up.