[SOLVED] Is this safe please?

Aug 13, 2019
Hi there

I posted a thread the other day about how I had malware on my pc that (hopefully) I am clear of after a clean install and beefing up my security software - Bitdefender and Malwarebytes.

I mentioned that it had made me paranoid about using my PC now, like this...

I bought MS Office Professional Plus 2019 off a big online retailer. Frustratingly, I realised after that it was actually not them selling it but a third party reseller. I assume it has come from decomissioned PCs or something, maybe even from a company with unused licences. Anyway it installed but....

I am far from an expert on this but I wondered if they (as the original holder of the licence) would have admin rights or something which would allow them to access or control my pc?

I partly say that because some things I uninstalled (teams) which came with it, then reinstalled themselves? Am I being paranoid or should I be worried?

Thanks, Lily.

Solution
Hi, You can download the Office installing kit from Microsoft and then use the provided license to activate it. However, no, they would not be able to get access to your pc, only by knowing the serial number.
D

Deleted member 14196

I don’t think you have anything to worry about it appears to be working normally

They do not have access to your PC

Aug 13, 2019
Hi, You can download the Office installing kit from Microsoft and then use the provided license to activate it. However, no, they would not be able to get access to your pc, only by knowing the serial number.

Awesome, thank you so much!

That software reinstalling itself got me confused that must be a microsoft thing.

Thanks, Lily.