[SOLVED] Is this system good enough?

Mar 7, 2019
Hello guys, first of all thank you for reading this! I have been looking around to buy a powerful system that is able to play and stream the newest games.
Am aware that building your own is the way to go but i am not a very crafty man so i looked into pre build systems and found the below system.
https://www.amazon.de/Monitor-i9-99...9&qid=1551978496&s=gateway&sr=8-21-spons&th=1

It has 2080 rtx and i9 9900k cpu with 512 gb ssd and 2 tb hdd and 16 gb of ram

This build is priced at around 1800 euros.

Would you recommend to go on with the purchase or investing more time into learning how to build my own system?

Solution
Couple of major concerns.
  1. The cpu and motherboard are not a good combo. The Z370-p uses a very weak VRM setup and the 9900k needs strong VRMs so you are likely to run into VRM issues that will likely lead to instability in the short term and death for the motherboard and even possibly the cpu in the not to distant future.
  2. They are using a low quality PSU, which is a crucial component. Where they skimped on the motherboard they also skimped heavily on the PSU quality as this is the typical MO for cheap pre-built systems.

IMHO, I would avoid that system.
That system actually looks like a decent value for a prebuilt and definitely has the right time of specs for playing and streaming the newest games and good settings. I'm not sure about the CPU cooler though, as it doesn't mention what kind of cooler it uses. However, it's nice that it comes with a 3-year warranty and since its through amazon, you can probably get a refund if things aren't as you expect it the first couple of weeks (i think its like 2 weeks at least in the US, not sure about Germany). I tried speccing out a similar build using de.pcpartpicker.com (a great website for finding components for a system build if you're new) and it was actually more expensive than this would cost (albeit using slightly better motherboard, case, power supply) so I think its very nice.

bignastyid

Titan
Couple of major concerns.
  1. The cpu and motherboard are not a good combo. The Z370-p uses a very weak VRM setup and the 9900k needs strong VRMs so you are likely to run into VRM issues that will likely lead to instability in the short term and death for the motherboard and even possibly the cpu in the not to distant future.
  2. They are using a low quality PSU, which is a crucial component. Where they skimped on the motherboard they also skimped heavily on the PSU quality as this is the typical MO for cheap pre-built systems.

IMHO, I would avoid that system.

Solution