Is This System Worth It?

Dec 15, 2018
Hi In Want to put together a Gaming Pc.I Want To Know If This Is Worth It.I Will be gaming on it and making videos...a Gtx 1060 6gb will be installed later(2-4 months).

Case:

Cooler Master MCB

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Ram:

2x8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2400mhz

Motherboard:

Asus Prime b450m-k

PSU:

Cooler Master MWE 500w 80 +

Storage:

Adata 128GB M.2 6GB/s

CPU Cooler:

Gamdias Chione E1A 120R

All For $630

I Live In South Africa So Parts Are More Expensive Here In My Currency The Pc is Around R 9150

Wolfshadw

Titan
With the promise of later upgrades (longer than 2-4 months), I'd probably drop the processor down to an Ryzen 3 2200G, drop the CPU cooler for now, and opt for a larger (240GB minimum) SSD.

When finances allow, Upgrade to a Ryzen 5 or 7 series 3xxx processor and an RTX 2060 graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Dec 15, 2018

wouldnt the ryzen3 2200g bottleneck a 1060?

also could you explain why the drop from the 5 to the 3 would benefit me?
and is the integrated gpu on the 5 better than the 3
also i want to overclock the apu to get the most performance out thus why i chose the liquid cooler

Wolfshadw

Titan
wouldnt the ryzen3 2200g bottleneck a 1060?

Yes, it would (probably). That's why I recommend that you hold off on the graphics card upgrade until you can perform the complete system upgrade.

also could you explain why the drop from the 5 to the 3 would benefit me?

The funds saved bring you that much closer to the full system upgrade you really want.

and is the integrated gpu on the 5 better than the 3

Yes, it is, but that's not the point. The idea here is to not waste money. You're going to add a graphics card anyway, so why waste money on integrated graphics?

also i want to overclock the apu to get the most performance out thus why i chose the liquid cooler

Forgo the overclock until you can afford a real system. In fact, I wouldn't recommend any upgrades until you can afford to do it properly. These mere modest upgrades are just a waste of money that get you a marginal performance boost, when what you want to a good upgrade, but most people don't listen when I make that recommendation.

-Wolf sends

Dec 15, 2018

i do see what your saying.I did some research and found out that the 2200g will give me the same gaming performance than what the 2600g will give me the 2600g has more cpu power(wrong term XD)because it has more threads anyway i think ill be going with the 2200g