[SOLVED] Is this temperature normal for i5-11400F?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfMeister98

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
I recently build a new rig, but when in idle temps, the CPU temperature stay arround 36-39C, and when I run Cinebench R23 with multi thread benchmark, the maximum temperature is 91C. Is it normal?

Note: My room temperature is about in 25-27C.

*i5-11400F (Unlock Boost Power Limit to 90W)
*Asrock H510M-HVS R2.0
*Galax RTX 2060 6GB 1-Click OC
*Modified Deepcool Ice Mini FS with Cooler Master fan.
*Kingpin KPX Thermal Paste

Edit : First Pass, temperature reach 91C, Second pass only reach arround 74C Maximum.

Last edited:
Solution
Heres some interesting result, I did just add a little of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU.

The idle temp stays at 34-36C

and Maximum Temp is 86 C at full load.

Still same fan, but will change it soon for further improvement

View: https://imgur.com/a/RfXZ0R8

So I used to have a 10400. I power unlocked it completely, and used bclk to get a 2.4% overclock. With the stock cooler, I don't think it ever pulled more than 80W even during stress tests and never got over 80C.

That said, 86C under synthetic all core workloads is nothing to be concerned about at all. You'll never see that in real, normal use.

Also you do not need a high end air cooler on your CPU. I had used a...

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Heres some interesting result, I did just add a little of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU.

The idle temp stays at 34-36C

and Maximum Temp is 86 C at full load.

Still same fan, but will change it soon for further improvement

View: https://imgur.com/a/RfXZ0R8

So I used to have a 10400. I power unlocked it completely, and used bclk to get a 2.4% overclock. With the stock cooler, I don't think it ever pulled more than 80W even during stress tests and never got over 80C.

That said, 86C under synthetic all core workloads is nothing to be concerned about at all. You'll never see that in real, normal use.

Also you do not need a high end air cooler on your CPU. I had used a Thermaltake Contact Silent 12, which is rated at 150W, later in the year. CPU always stayed below 70C no matter what I ran. I also initially used that on a 10850K and it was fine, below 90C, at stock power limits (125W continuous). That is a $23 air cooler, and it's complete overkill for a 10400.

Putting a $90 air cooler like the dark rock pro 4 on a 10400 (or 11400) is a total waste of money.

Reactions: WolfMeister98
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.