[SOLVED] Is this temperature normal for i5-11400F?

Jan 8, 2023
I got my rig 2 months ago
When I use a computer normally use browsing, office, and photoshop, temp is between 60c ~70c when I play a heavy game like rdd2 temp is 85c ~ 95c the fan is too noisy for me
On Fortnite, I don't know why the temp high will be 100c sometimes
I got a thermal paste but the cheaip one and its low 5c
What can I do?
I5 11400f with stock fan
Rtx 2060 ventus 12gb
Mai h510 bomber
Ram 1x16 3200hz
Power supply 700w
Edi: a case with 4 fans and my room 20c

Solution
That's just a Cooler Master TD500 Mesh..?'

The room temperature may be 20C, but that's not what it is inside the case. That cooler is affected by the primary source of air(case/room ambient) and case airflow, which, when that gpu is active, the stock cooler is basically getting sloppy seconds.
Those lil' coolers don't have much cooling capacity, so the solution here is to get a bigger cooler for lower operating thermals.
Where are you shopping from? Partpicker doesn't cover all regions, so you may need to provide a link to a shop.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's just a Cooler Master TD500 Mesh..?'

The room temperature may be 20C, but that's not what it is inside the case. That cooler is affected by the primary source of air(case/room ambient) and case airflow, which, when that gpu is active, the stock cooler is basically getting sloppy seconds.
Those lil' coolers don't have much cooling capacity, so the solution here is to get a bigger cooler for lower operating thermals.
Where are you shopping from? Partpicker doesn't cover all regions, so you may need to provide a link to a shop.

Solution
@KamalEid
The Intel OEM heatsink and fan are barely adequate. They will allow the CPU to get up to 100°C. If you want better performance and better temperatures, go buy any cheap aftermarket air cooler.

The Intel heatsink is doing exactly what it is designed to do. Keep the CPU at 100°C or less most of the time.

Reactions: KamalEid
Jan 8, 2023
@KamalEid
The Intel OEM heatsink and fan are barely adequate. They will allow the CPU to get up to 100°C. If you want better performance and better temperatures, go buy any cheap aftermarket air cooler.

The Intel heatsink is doing exactly what it is designed to do. Keep the CPU at 100°C or less most of the time.
That mean there is no problem with long-term stock cooler

Check the mounting of the stock cooler.
Nudge it with the power off.
If it wiggles, you need to remount.
Look at the push pins from the back.
Are they all through and locked?
If not, remount the cooler.
The key to getting a good mount is to simultaneously push down on a diagonal pair of pins.
If you do them one at a time, it will not go level.
At idle, you should see 10-15c. over ambient.
Your case is an excellent one for air cooling.

Jan 8, 2023
Check the mounting of the stock cooler.
Nudge it with the power off.
If it wiggles, you need to remount.
Look at the push pins from the back.
Are they all through and locked?
If not, remount the cooler.
The key to getting a good mount is to simultaneously push down on a diagonal pair of pins.
If you do them one at a time, it will not go level.
At idle, you should see 10-15c. over ambient.
Your case is an excellent one for air cooling.
The stock cooler (fan) installed so perfectly
How do I know the temp of the CPU when it's in sleep mode

there is no problem with long-term stock cooler
Intel coolers are barely adequate. Every time the CPU reaches 100C, the CPU will throttle and performance will decrease. Running a CPU occasionally at max temp will not hurt it. You just won't get smooth performance when your computer is throttling. This is why there are 101 different coolers available in the market.