is this temperature safe?

Imz Deodex

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
I have an Nvidia GT 630 2GB DDR3 Palit version. Stock clock is at 780 shader at 1560 memory at 535. Bumped it up to 836mhz, shader to 1672, and memory to 555.

At stock speeds I get about 60 62 celcius max. Horrible FPS for Tombraider with tessellation turned to on.

Overclocked it... went up to 67 celcius @_@ but can now run Tombraider with Tessellation also Bioshock Infinite runs better... should I be worried about 67 - 70 celcius? am I killing my gpu? halp meh how many hours should I play while overclocked?

Solution
67-70 celcius is not sth to worry about. No, you're not killing your gpu. As long as your gpu temperature is not above 80, you can play while overclocked without worrying how many hours have passed. The palit custom fan will make sure of that, keeping the gpu sufficiently cooled while working.

hamzahfelix

Distinguished
67-70 celcius is not sth to worry about. No, you're not killing your gpu. As long as your gpu temperature is not above 80, you can play while overclocked without worrying how many hours have passed. The palit custom fan will make sure of that, keeping the gpu sufficiently cooled while working.

Solution