Question Is this the GPU artifacting ?

Mar 22, 2019
Hi
I just bought this PC about a month ago. Since last week, while playing game, i got flicking random color pixels as shown in below links.

View: https://i.imgur.com/zsG0Tlx.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/3kR1MRd.png

Is this GPU artifacting?
How can I know whether this caused by bad GPU or PSU?

Thank you in advance.

My System

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (16-18-18-39)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-A (AM4)
Graphics
ASUS Cerberus GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Advanced Edition 8GB GDDR5
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0 (SATA )
PSU
Thermaltake TR2 S 650W

Last edited:
In the first shot, I don't see much, it could be just reflections. Second shot, yes, that's a bit odd, and I'd consider it artifacting, or a GPU issue (overheating)

The first thing that doesn't look right is the mention of a 4gb 1070ti. There is no 4gb 1070ti! So that's not right. Are sure about that?

Do you have any components overclocked? This is normally why a GPU displays artifacts alike that.

PS. On a side note, your 1 x 8gb stick of 2666mhz ram is kinda hobbling what is otherwise pretty potent 1080/1440p gaming machine. You should really have a 2 x 8gb kit of fast ram in their. You would get a 20-40% boost in gaming performance alone for having 2 x 8gb (matched kit) and with fast ram of 3200mhz speeds.

Mar 22, 2019
In the first shot, I don't see much, it could be just reflections. Second shot, yes, that's a bit odd, and I'd consider it artifacting, or a GPU issue (overheating)

The first thing that doesn't look right is the mention of a 4gb 1070ti. There is no 4gb 1070ti! So that's not right. Are sure about that?

Do you have any components overclocked? This is normally why a GPU displays artifacts alike that.

PS. On a side note, your 1 x 8gb stick of 2666mhz ram is kinda hobbling what is otherwise pretty potent 1080/1440p gaming machine. You should really have a 2 x 8gb kit of fast ram in their. You would get a 20-40% boost in gaming performance alone for having 2 x 8gb (matched kit) and with fast ram of 3200mhz speeds.
Thank you for reply
I have updated the information. The previous spec was from Speccy.
Every component is as factory setting and never get overclocked.
I have also added a video showing what happened.

How can I identify whether it is PSU or GPU failing in this case?

PS. I will add another 8GB RAM after I solve this issue. Thank you again for your suggestion

TRENDING THREADS