[SOLVED] Is this the same memory as this? Please help ! :) (Iam buying more ram for my computer)

bjornerik

Prominent
Feb 26, 2021
I have Kingston Fury 3200 mhz 8gb in my computer and i am going to buy 8gb more so i can run it in dual mode, since it is AMD it seems important..

But i cant afford to buy a set with 2x8gb so i am trying to find the exact same RAM. And found this: https://www.proshop.no/RAM/Kingston...risjakt&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricesite

Info about this:
Produsent: Kingston
Varenummer: 2792190
Model: HX432C16FB3/8
Ean: 740617296358

ProduktbeskrivelseHyperX FURY - DDR4 - module - 8 GB - DIMM 288-pin - ikke-bufret
ProdukttypeMemory module
Kapasitet8 GB
MinnetypeDDR4 SDRAM - DIMM 288-pin
OppgraderingstypeGenerisk
DataintegritetskontrollIkke-ECC
Hastighet3200 MHz (PC4-25600)
VentetidstimingCL16 (16-18-18)
EgenskaperEnkeltrad, svart varmesenke, On-Die Termination (ODT), Serial Presence Detect (SPD), Black PCB, lavprofilvarmespreder, FURY asymmetrisk varmespreder, seksten banker, Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP 2.0), ikke-bufret
Spenning1.35 V
KontaktflateGull

And the RAM i got in my computer is:

Memory (RAM)
Total Size
8192 MB
Type
Single Channel (64 bit) DDR4-SDRAM
Frequency
1596.8 MHz (DDR4-3194) - Ratio 1:16
Timings
22-22-22-52-74-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)
Slot #1 Module
Kingston 8192 MB (DDR4-3200) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: HP32D4U8S8ME-8X

So will this work in dual mode with each other?

I am not sure if it is any different specs in the same models? It is the same speed and everything seems the same, but i am not sure.. So thank you for any guidance..

Solution
Everything is pretty much identical except for the timings (Ventetidstiming CL16). The one you have installed is showing it is CL22 (22-22-22-52), I don't know if that's the actual timing or if it just wasn't setup completely. That seems pretty high for a DDR4 stick.

The Kingston RAM you want to buy will definitely work and in dual channel, but try setting the timings for your installed RAM to see if it can match the CL of the RAM you want to buy. This isn't exactly necessary for them to work together, but it does help with stability and performance.

You can only modify the timings for your RAM in the BIOS.
Here's a general tutorial:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sx-GuY3CA
I have Kingston Fury 3200 mhz 8gb in my computer and i am going to buy 8gb more so i can run it in dual mode, since it is AMD it seems important..

But i cant afford to buy a set with 2x8gb so i am trying to find the exact same RAM. And found this: https://www.proshop.no/RAM/Kingston...risjakt&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricesite

Info about this:
Produsent: Kingston
Varenummer: 2792190
Model: HX432C16FB3/8
Ean: 740617296358

ProduktbeskrivelseHyperX FURY - DDR4 - module - 8 GB - DIMM 288-pin - ikke-bufret
ProdukttypeMemory module
Kapasitet8 GB
MinnetypeDDR4 SDRAM - DIMM 288-pin
OppgraderingstypeGenerisk
DataintegritetskontrollIkke-ECC
Hastighet3200 MHz (PC4-25600)
VentetidstimingCL16 (16-18-18)
EgenskaperEnkeltrad, svart varmesenke, On-Die Termination (ODT), Serial Presence Detect (SPD), Black PCB, lavprofilvarmespreder, FURY asymmetrisk varmespreder, seksten banker, Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP 2.0), ikke-bufret
Spenning1.35 V
KontaktflateGull

And the RAM i got in my computer is:

Memory (RAM)
Total Size
8192 MB
Type
Single Channel (64 bit) DDR4-SDRAM
Frequency
1596.8 MHz (DDR4-3194) - Ratio 1:16
Timings
22-22-22-52-74-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)
Slot #1 Module
Kingston 8192 MB (DDR4-3200) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: HP32D4U8S8ME-8X

So will this work in dual mode with each other?

I am not sure if it is any different specs in the same models? It is the same speed and everything seems the same, but i am not sure.. So thank you for any guidance..
Make sure you can return it if it does not work.
It's a flip of a coin when 2 sticks not from a kit are installed.

Everything is pretty much identical except for the timings (Ventetidstiming CL16). The one you have installed is showing it is CL22 (22-22-22-52), I don't know if that's the actual timing or if it just wasn't setup completely. That seems pretty high for a DDR4 stick.

The Kingston RAM you want to buy will definitely work and in dual channel, but try setting the timings for your installed RAM to see if it can match the CL of the RAM you want to buy. This isn't exactly necessary for them to work together, but it does help with stability and performance.

You can only modify the timings for your RAM in the BIOS.
Here's a general tutorial:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sx-GuY3CA

Solution
It is NOT t he exact same memory.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, particularly ryzen, can be very sensitive to this.

What is your plan "B" if the new stick/s do not work?

If you can easily return the ram, go ahead and try it.
Otherwise, buy a ram kit that is explicitly supported by your motherboard and processor.
Support will be on the motherboard ram QVL list or on the ram vendor's ram selection app.