Is this the same RAM? [newb]

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
Solution
Ok, I checked what options offers your motherboard's BIOS, and it looks good. It is possible to change memory setting separately at each channel, which increases chance to make both memory work. So if I was in your place, I would buy that memory - especially if seller gives option for returning it with full refund (minus shipping costs perhaps, but considering memory does not weight much, they should not be big). But be warned that making all memory work may require some (or even a lot) changes in BIOS. But maybe you'll get lucky and it will work from first start.
So what you have is this: GD38GB1600C9DC. And the product linked is this: GD38GB1600C11DC
It's not *the same*, but they *should* work together, as both support the 11-11-11-28 latency.
Side note: your current ram is not set up to full potential. You didn't turned XMP on it seems to me.

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

So should i buy that RAM that i posed in the thread ^^ product link should it work together?

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Hmm i was looking back to your comments but i think this argument is fake.:
I have the GD38GB1600C9DC and the linked one is : GD38GB1600C11DC <- that was your argument.
i think its fake as this product code"" gives 2 information :
GD38GB1600C9DC eg:
GD3
8GB
1600<Clock Speed
C9<Latency?!
and the same for the other product id/code whatever the only difference is the
C11 and C9 and i have a Latency of C11 : Printscreen Look into that.http://prntscr.com/epdwct
(Speccy) Piriform so that is why i think your argument is not valid as you said i have the GD38GB1600C9DC while the product linked : GD38GB1600C11DC but i think that is BS (Look printscreen) and description you can cleary see my CL/Latency is 11 and not 9 GD38GB1600C9DC <-- so not 9 <-- so not this product id...

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

but what is more confusing is this when i open the information of one single slot it says :
http://prntscr.com/epdz1w but idk of part number is the same as CL 9 or CL 11 maybe its somethin else?

Look at your SPD tab in cpuz: part number says "9-9-9 D3 1600" - that tells me your memory is ...C9, not ...C11. It is currently running at CL 11, as Memory tab lists - this is because to run it at CL9, you would need to turn XMP on - check the right column on SPD tab labeled "XMP-1600": it shows CL9.
Every memory is capable of operating on many different speed and latency settings, part number shows the best possible settings for given stick. Since your memory is capable of CL9, so its number is ...C9.

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

o so that is why you said they both should work as the CL-9 RAM Card can run on C9 or C11 but it runs at c9 if the XMP is turned on right?

Right. Both (old and new) can work at CL 11. If you turn XMP on, old will work at CL9. But new is not capable of CL9, so with XMP it can only work at CL 11. Note that your board is most likely not capable of running each channel at different CL, that is why you would need to set them both to CL 11.

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

can you confirm that the card i have rightnow the ram slot i have now runs at CL11?

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

owh and can i ask how you got the product ID's?

Your first picture, from Memory tab in cpuz: Timings> CAS # latency (CL) list 11.0 . Compare the numbers with 3rd column in SPD tab.

Of your old RAM? Checked on Geil page which memory fits all settings listed on SPD tab.
The new one has product code listed on the link you provided (Specificaties>Meer informatie, last row named SKU)

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Shall i buy the product linked yes or no i have no clue atm

Interesting thing I just found, that link to the product is a bit of a lie. It lists this ram as "Black Dragon" series, but in fact it is "Dragon RAM" series. Black Dragon start with "GB...", this one is "GD...". Plus Black Dragon use higher voltages. But the have the same graphic printed on stick, so they look exactly same.

Now back to your question. What motherboard you have (need to know that to check available BIOS options)?

VSYNC_

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

B85-G43 Gaming
What a dissapointment

Ok, I checked what options offers your motherboard's BIOS, and it looks good. It is possible to change memory setting separately at each channel, which increases chance to make both memory work. So if I was in your place, I would buy that memory - especially if seller gives option for returning it with full refund (minus shipping costs perhaps, but considering memory does not weight much, they should not be big). But be warned that making all memory work may require some (or even a lot) changes in BIOS. But maybe you'll get lucky and it will work from first start.

Solution