[SOLVED] Is this thermal paste electrically conductive?

Jun 14, 2019
I recently bought thermal paste from a portuguese not so known brand called Nplay after using it for some time with no issues i was curious if it its electrically conductive and if i should be more careful?And if i make a mistake and drop it where i shouldn't will i have a damaged CPU? This is what the product says in the back.

PS: Thermal paste is " NPLAY MAX2 "
VKyNOBV.png

Solution
If you're having no issues, and temps are in check, why worry about it?
For the most part, the difference in performance between any halfway decent paste & the "high end" stuff, is a couple of degrees C at best.

Arctic Silver is certainly capacitive, being Silver at it's core.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I would assume it'll depend on the exact breakdown of those "metal oxide compounds". Not necessarily conductive, but potentially capacitive.
Chances are extremely slim, as it's probably zinc-oxide etc, which should not present an issue in the normal quantities used.

Like anything though, better to be preventative and ensure it only gets where you want it to, opposed to reactive.
Even if you did get a conductive/capacitive paste somewhere that it shouldn't, provided you full clean it up before providing power to the system, you should be fine.

Reactions: Aibisi
Jun 14, 2019
I would assume it'll depend on the exact breakdown of those "metal oxide compounds". Not necessarily conductive, but potentially capacitive.
Chances are extremely slim, as it's probably zinc-oxide etc, which should not present an issue in the normal quantities used.

Like anything though, better to be preventative and ensure it only gets where you want it to, opposed to reactive.
Even if you did get a conductive/capacitive paste somewhere that it shouldn't, provided you full clean it up before providing power to the system, you should be fine.
Im thinking about getting a better one and from a known brand, which one of these 3 should i get?
Artic Silver 5
Artic Mx-2
Artic Mx-4

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you're having no issues, and temps are in check, why worry about it?
For the most part, the difference in performance between any halfway decent paste & the "high end" stuff, is a couple of degrees C at best.

Arctic Silver is certainly capacitive, being Silver at it's core.

Reactions: Aibisi
Solution