Question is this UPS enough for my rig? APC Easy ups bvx1200 650watts

Jordy18

Commendable
May 22, 2021
My Rig specs is. Mainly im going to just use the UPS to quickly shutdown my rig whenever theres power outage. I am not gonna use it continuously when theres a power outage. Thanks!

This is the UPS that Im planning to buy: APC Easy ups bvx1200 650watts

Ryzen 5 5600
RX 6600XT
16gb ram 2x8
4 fans 120mm + CPU fan
750w Corsair CV
AOC LED 24" Monitor.

Ralston18

Titan
What is your budget?

Most UPS manufacturers provide a "calculator" to help size the UPS.

The calculators tend to to drive the sizing to higher, more costly, models.

You are quite correct in planning for just time enough to execute a graceful shutdown.

Within some time window that is workable for you: 5 - 10 minutes likely enough time.

Another consideration is the power itself: it just simply outages or lots of brown outs and voltage flucuations?

Do not get led into unecessary UPS features and functions that may be tempting.

Reactions: Jordy18

Jordy18

Commendable
May 22, 2021
What is your budget?

Most UPS manufacturers provide a "calculator" to help size the UPS.

The calculators tend to to drive the sizing to higher, more costly, models.

You are quite correct in planning for just time enough to execute a graceful shutdown.

Within some time window that is workable for you: 5 - 10 minutes likely enough time.

Another consideration is the power itself: it just simply outages or lots of brown outs and voltage flucuations?

Do not get led into unecessary UPS features and functions that may be tempting.
The UPS I mentioned is only $125usd. its actually sale on my country but I think I can go up to 200bucks

Be careful modern power supplies because they are so efficient do not tolerate bad power. You really want UPS that puts out sine wave power, the one you list is not even simulated sine wave. Now it only maters when you are actually running on the UPS battery but you still run the risk of damaging the power supply. What people say happens more commonly is the power supply see the bad power and just turns off if it is under a lot of load.

Ralston18

Titan
I have two older model APC USP's: BackUPS-900 and BackUPS ES 650.

I do not use any of the monitoring software.

Requirement being simply allow enough time to shutdown when power goes off. Generally if we are having thunderstorms etc. I shutdown and unplug anyway. Sudden unexpected outages can and do occur.

Will add the suggestion that you go online and read the applicable User Guides/Manual for any UPS being considered.