Is USB failure a sign that my motherboard is about to give in?

MolleLarsson

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
A week ago my headset started acting weird, and it has a USB plug. My microphone will suddenly start giving off this mechanic sound when i talk, and i have to replug to fix it, and this will happen pretty often.

Then a few days later my mouse starts to unplug itself for a good 3 seconds a time, just to plug itself back in.

So my question is, could it be a sign that my board is failing? Or what could be the reason? :)

I was having similar problems with my USB mouse, so I bought a new one. Same problem!

I put the mouse on a USB to PS2 adapter and plugged it into the PS2 port on the back of the MOBO. Then I restarted the comp. in Safe Mode by tapping "F8" during boot-up. Next, I went to Device Mgr. and uninstalled all USB devices and all HID Compliant Devices. Reboot and Windows will reinstall the necessary drivers.

This has ALMOST solved my problems. I still get the right click context menu on the screen when my finger is not even on the right button, but this is very rare. The rest of my problems are gone.

Yogi