Is using just one fan on my radiator dangerous?

Angus16

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
I hate to admit, and quite embarrassed to say but I’ve just had my Kraken x62 radiator arrive which I though would fit into my case but I didn’t take into account the fans that need to be mounted..

My gpu is about 15mm too long so it’s impossibke to have both fans mounted, the only possible option would be to have one fan mounted up the top of the radiotor in a “pull” configuration, could this still work or would it just fail at cooling my cpu and give me high temps?

Solution
By just using one fan on your radiator only degrade your cooling performance, but not critical if everything else is just cooled good enough and not going to overburst the cpu to it's total limit with overclocking or very bottlenecking work like workstation level, otherwise you need to find a different solution to be able to mount 2 fans and the gpu.

but as long you aren't doing that, and just playing games and browsing, everything should be fine ;)

i would still find an alternative solution for this problem, even if it means an alternative pc case

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
By just using one fan on your radiator only degrade your cooling performance, but not critical if everything else is just cooled good enough and not going to overburst the cpu to it's total limit with overclocking or very bottlenecking work like workstation level, otherwise you need to find a different solution to be able to mount 2 fans and the gpu.

but as long you aren't doing that, and just playing games and browsing, everything should be fine ;)

i would still find an alternative solution for this problem, even if it means an alternative pc case

Solution

Angus16

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Okay thanks for the reply, I think I’ll just use that set up for now, my cpu is already overclocked but the temps were fine with the stock air cooler, I’ll also mount an extra exhaust fan and upgrade to a bigger case down the track

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017

no problem, and let me know if anything doesn't work out like you hoped so ;)