[SOLVED] Is water cooling the GPU worth it?

Sep 3, 2020
I am planning to build a new PC, and some time ago I've seen that there were GPU water blocks. Is it worth it to add water cooling to a GPU?

Solution
I wouldn't personally but that's just me. There are obviously benefits to water cooling. Which include better temperatures, better performance overall because the card will boost longer, and more headroom for overclocking if you're going to be hitting temp limits on your air cooler.
I wouldn't personally but that's just me. There are obviously benefits to water cooling. Which include better temperatures, better performance overall because the card will boost longer, and more headroom for overclocking if you're going to be hitting temp limits on your air cooler.

Solution
Well, as said before, less temps = more overclock possibilities, but often 3rd party cards have good thermal solutions on their own fans, so personally, i see no real reason to do it, unless you wanna fiddle with gpu core voltages to squeeze every last bit of it, but i dont think this is as straightforward or as safe as it is with cpus, plus one more leak possibility so, not that you buy it expecting it to leak, theyre pretty safe, but you know, things go wrong... i'd say only do it if you want to overclock and overvolt to temp limits, if its just to keep as it is, no point...

Reactions: jay32267