Question Issue installing new upgraded ram kit.

Musezy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey Guys,

I just tried to upgrade my ram and I'm having trouble. My I built my system in December of 2014, here are the original specs:

Corsair - 760T White ATX Full Tower Case
Intel - Core i7-5820K 3.3 GHz 6-Core Prcessor
Corsair - H110 94 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus - X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Samsung - 840 EVO 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 4 GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
Corsair - Professional 750 W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Asus - DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer
Corsair - Air Series AF120 White 52.19 CFM 120mm Fan
Corsair - Air Series AF120 White 52.19 CFM 120mm Fan
Corsair - CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM 140mm Fan
Corsair - SP140 49.49 CFM 140mm Fans
Corsair - Vengeance 2100 7.1 Channel Headset
Microsoft Windows 10
Here is the ram I'm trying to upgrade with:
Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

My initial google search indicated that Code 53 is a ram issue. When I install the ram I make sure it clicks all the way in. When I turn on the PC the ram modules light up and cycle through the colors slowly.

So here are some things I have tried:
  • I tried installing the new ram kit in the alternate slots (I have 8 slots). I was using the 4 gray slots, so I switched over to using the 4 black slots instead. Code 53 again.
  • I tried installing each of the 4 new ram sticks one at a time. Code 53 for each stick.
  • I tried installing a single ram stick in each of the 8 slots. Code 53 every time.
  • I swapped out the new ram kit and put my old ram kit back in. Everything works fine and boots to windows without an issue.
I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Melissa

Hey Guys,

I just tried to upgrade my ram and I'm having trouble. My I built my system in December of 2014, here are the original specs:

My initial google search indicated that Code 53 is a ram issue. When I install the ram I make sure it clicks all the way in. When I turn on the PC the ram modules light up and cycle through the colors slowly.

So here are some things I have tried:

• I tried installing the new ram kit in the alternate slots (I have 8 slots). I was using the 4 gray slots, so I switched over to using the 4 black slots instead. Code 53 again.
  • I tried installing each of the 4 new ram sticks one at a time. Code 53 for each stick.
  • I tried installing a single ram stick in each of the 8 slots. Code 53 every time.
  • I swapped out the new ram kit and put my old ram kit back in. Everything works fine and boots to windows without an issue.
upgradingI'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Melissa
This RAM kit could be incompatible with your PC. You may want to try updating your BIOS, and clear your CMOS before plugging your new RAM in - it might just not run as fast as your previous kit.

DavidM012

Distinguished
Updating the bios is pretty easy format a usb drive in fat 32 place the bios file on it, reboot, enter bios go to the tools/bios update page somewhere and it should see the drive and have some menu that lets you select the file and load it. The only thing that can go wrong is a power cut in the middle of the update, don't pull the plug accidentally or have an outage or thunderstorm in the middle of it.

In the bad old days sometimes it was prudent to save the old bios before updating but I don't think that's so much of a problem any more.

https://www.asus.com/uk/supportonly/X99-DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

Version 3802 does widen memory compatibility so that could be it, version 3902 is cumulative so it will include 3802.

Sure it's the deluxe and not the deluxe II Mobo? The other thing that could go wrong is misidentify mobo. This is the deluxe version.