Issue w/ both Graphic Cards

Hanover32

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
So I've recently upgraded from a GTX 970 to a GTX 1080 as well as upgrading my processor to a i7-4790k.

I'm currently having issues with setting up my new graphics card. Lights are on, no beeping occurs, fans spin for a good seconds, stops, continues, and on from there. The monitor will act like it's loading but will stop loading and pretty much reset itself back to the start constantly. I've reseated the card at least 30 times as well as trying to get my other graphics card to work again but no luck. Everything was working with the old card until I took it out to replace it. I've made sure the needles for the processor weren't Mod edit and all that. I wanna say it's my motherboard but would like to get insight from everyone.

Current build:

CPU - i7-4790k
CPU Cooler - Noctura NH-D14 65.0
Motherboard - ASRock - Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Power Supply - Antec - HCG M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Does the system work fine without the video cards? All power is in the video cards? CPU heatsink was installed with new thermal paste and checked? Try other PCIe slots? Reseat RAM and power connections?

You did and that is why I had to edit your OP, in future I'll just delete the post or thread and issue a sanction.

Hanover32

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

I've never been able to use an HDMI cable on the motherboard ever since I got it and still continues not to work so wouldn't exactly know. CPU has new thermal paste and checked. Tried other PCIe slots. Have not reseated RAM and power connections yet however and will give it a try.

Hanover32

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

As said with the original post, I'm unable to run old graphics card now as well after trying to install my new one so I'm unable to go back and wipe anything, that alone, uninstall the old drivers and install the new.