Issue when powering on computer (at random)

groovyarmad1llo

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Having a strange issue with my computer. At random when i power it on the gpu will go full fan with no display. Computer seems to boot though listening to the speakers. Will do this a couple times then magically works again and i can power off & on normaly with no issue until it randomly does it again.

When it boots properly it runs fine, ran cpu/gpu stress tests for a whole day, separately and at the same time. Games fine too, no issues at all, and never crashes while running. Temps are all good too.

Thought it was my motherboard, but ive since then changed cpu and motherboard and the issue is still there. I cant seem to wrap my head around the issue since its only at random when powering on.

I have an msi rx 580 gaming x 8G (new rma replacement) asus p8p67 rev 3 mobo, 4x4 gb 1333 ram, i5 3570 cpu, evga 600w 80+ psu. All drivers and bios are up to date. And the old mobo /cpu i had was an msi 970 gaming and fx 6300

groovyarmad1llo

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

Ok i never thought about that. I did transfer the battery from the old board into the new one. I'll give that a try and see if it works!