Question Issue with Asus Aura

May 2, 2019
Hi there,

I’ve just built my first PC Gaming rig and having issues with running Aura on my X470-Pro prime motherboard. Essentially I’ve tried installing the app a number of times but can’t get it to open. Seems to just crash each time with the same error message.

I understand that other RGB software can interfere, and have disabled the quick boot settings in windows. Not too sure what the next step in trouble shooting will be, or weather it could be a fault with the motherboard itself? Also tried reinstalling the bios a number of times.

Any pointers?

Cheers

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I have an ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming mb and I had to uninstall Aura version 1.07.57 (which I installed when 1.07.36 stopped working) and then run CCleaner registry cleaner twice before rebooting.
Then I used a program called fileunsigner to unsign all the. exes in version 1.07.22 and install it and reboot again.
Then I ran fileunsigner (which I found a link to on the ROG forums) on Aura.exe and every other. exe in the Aura folder and it's subfolders.
Then Aura finally started working again.
I also had to go into the BIOS and disable Aura then reboot, re-enable Aura and reboot again for my G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM to get recognized.

Her's a link to the forum thread where I found fileunsigner:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...ked-by-Administrator-quot&p=771014#post771014

Last edited: