[SOLVED] issue with asus B 550 m k

Jan 14, 2022
Hello everyone , I m new here so forgive my chaos , I have Asus prime motherboard B 550 m-k with last bios , and an apu Ryzen 4650 G + ripjaws 8*2 ddr4 ram cl16-3200mhz
recently I bought Xpg s20g nvme wich is gen 3 by the way , I pluged in the first M2_1slot ; the problem is that sometimes it is not detectable either in bios or windows even if it is placed alone without any Hdd , when I plugged to the second Slot M2_2 it works perfectly !!

my question is ; is the first slot defected or is this slot reseved for nvme Gen 4 only ?
any limitation in this motherboard made by Asus as I know that when using nvme there are no lost satas.
any help or infos plz ? .

Solution
Hi again , I m back to say thanks for eveyone helped me , finally i got samsung pm951 nvme and it is working on the first m2 slot , so this thread is solved ,
it is obvious it is matter of compatibility hardware ; thank you again . I m so happy to be one of your community..
Hello everyone , I m new here so forgive my chaos , I have Asus prime motherboard B 550 m-k with last bios , and an apu Ryzen 4650 G + ripjaws 8*2 ddr4 ram cl16-3200mhz
recently I bought Xpg s20g nvme wich is gen 3 by the way , I pluged in the first M2_1slot ; the problem is that sometimes it is not detectable either in bios or windows even if it is placed alone without any Hdd , when I plugged to the second Slot M2_2 it works perfectly !!

my question is ; is the first slot defected or is this slot reseved for nvme Gen 4 only ?
any limitation in this motherboard made by Asus as I know that when using nvme there are no lost satas.
any help or infos plz ? .
tried to update the bios to the latest, and load optimized after it?

Reactions: g_roux
Jan 14, 2022
tried to update the bios to the latest, and load optimized after it?
Hi thank you for reply ; yes I did .
the best result : I was able to install windows 10 but after a couples mints the system was unable to detect the nvme ; so i changed the slot and it work, strange issue ?

Jan 14, 2022
Hi again , I m back to say thanks for eveyone helped me , finally i got samsung pm951 nvme and it is working on the first m2 slot , so this thread is solved ,
it is obvious it is matter of compatibility hardware ; thank you again . I m so happy to be one of your community..

Reactions: Koekieezz
Solution