Question Issue with HP printer & Office 365 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff1960

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
Hello and thank you for the support.

I have an HP M148 printer for 3 years now. It is connected via WIFI no issues. The other day I renewed my Microsoft Office 365 and now, every time I have to print, it keeps saying the printer is offline on mine and my wife's computer (I updated MS Office on both). The WIFI light on the printer is solid blue meaning it has a signal. Then, I go into Control Panel and right click on my printer and select "printer properties" and go to "port." I try and click on "configure port" and get the following error message (which I never had in the past) "An error occurred during port configuration. This operation is not supported. Would anyone know what changed after I installed Office 365 and how can I keep this printer online? Another note to add, if I restart my computer each time, then it will print to printer. This never happened before. Would it be wise to just uninstall the printer and reinstall?

On a side note, I tried to reach out to HP support but they want to remote into my computer and says it will take 60 to 90 minutes to resolve for a low price of $59.95. Is this a scam?

Thank you

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I think the first thing I would try in regard to this is to save any settings you deem important about the network printer. Go into all instances of the printer in "devices" and uninstall/delete them. Do a clean install of the printer and see if that doesn't bring functionality back.

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
And just for the record regarding:

"On a side note, I tried to reach out to HP support but they want to remote into my computer and says it will take 60 to 90 minutes to resolve for a low price of $59.95. Is this a scam?"

What link/website? URL?

Just because "hp" appears in the URL does not necessarily mean that you actually were at a real/official HP website.

Do not know, full disclosure, if the link is a scam or not. However, I would be very suspicious. Wanting remote access and money being two immediate warning flags in my mind.

Depending on the problem there is a good chance that you can resolve the problem per the above posted suggestions.

And possibly via HP's FAQs and Forums as well.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Status
Not open for further replies.