Issue with installing Intel XTU on Win7

VeritasV2

Honorable
May 18, 2015
I'm trying to install it on my laptop which originally shipped with win 8.1 (Dell Inspiron 15 7548 (Late 2014)). It's cpu is the Broadwell i5-5200u which has always ran cool (for a laptop that is) even at "full" load.

I have Intel XTU installed on the 8.1 (x64) and it works flawlessly with undervolting the cpu and overclocking the iGPU. I then got my hands on another 2.5" hdd (laptop only takes 7mm thin hdd) and decided to install win 7 on it and eventually make it my main drive since I prefer clean OS installations as opposed to OEM preloads.

After installing SP1 (x64) and other necessary updates, I went ahead and downloaded the XTU installer and launched it and it ran smoothly until the end, to where I get an error stating that I'm attempting to install it on an unsupported platform. After clicking ok, XTU's installation window turns into another error code 0x80070643 - 'Fatal error during installation'.

Things I've tried so far
1. Turning Windows firewall on (Apparently associated with this error(Also tried switching to Manual and rebooting then turning on but still no luck)
2. Disabled AVAST (Free 2015) shields temporarily
3. Disabling UAC
4. Reinstalling/Repairing .Net Framework (4.5.2)
5. Restarting/Repairing Windows Installer

I'm at the end of the rope here and would really appreciate some help and enlightenment as to why windows 8.1 xtu installation was a breeze in the wind but windows 7 is an unsolvable mess.

Edit 1: Bit more clarity

VeritasV2

Honorable
May 18, 2015

Thanks.

I already installed Java but I suppose I could try a reinstallation just in case. I'll post again when I get the results.

VeritasV2

Honorable
May 18, 2015
I foolishly thought I had version 5.1.2.2 of XTU on the 8.1 (Although I did try downloading random versions on win7). Turns out I had one of the v4s when I checked Programs Installed. I uninstalled XTU (4.1 or 4.3) on 8.1 and tried to install 5.1.2.2 and waddayaknow, unsupported platform. So now I downloaded xtu 4.3.0.11 on the win 7 and it finally went through.

I still appreciate the help but I wish I had checked Programs sooner instead of wasting your time.

Cheers, and thanks!