Question Issue with motherboard GIGABYTE bios update

Jan 22, 2023
Hello.
I have been trying for many hours to update my BIOS on my motherboard. Here is my situation.

I currently run an Ryzen 5 1600, and i just bought an Ryzen 5 4600G to replace it after a lot of issue with my 1600 (almsot daily blue screen).
In order to fit my new processor in my motherboard, i need to update my BIOS to the latest version, which add support to my new CPU generation.

Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3, currently sitting on the F21 bios version.

When trying to update my bios, i get this error ''Bios ID CHECK''
i added screenshot of some pictures i took on my bios update, my motherboard and the box of my motherboard : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10vOOvVrT7Ql1jyeuxLsrF63zIN8lHRZZ?usp=sharing
Here is the link to where i have downloaded my BIOS update : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

I hope i have added enough details. I already tried a lot of things, and spent a couple hours searching online, but nothing succesfull yet.

Thanks !

EDIT : Motherboard is Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 rev 1.0

Last edited:

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
It looks like the error you are encountering is related to the BIOS ID check, which is a feature that compares the current BIOS version on your motherboard to the version you are trying to update it to. This is a security measure to prevent accidental installation of the wrong BIOS version, which can cause serious problems.

Based on the information you've provided, it seems that the version of the BIOS you are trying to update is not compatible with your specific motherboard. This is likely because the motherboard you have is a "GA-AB350-Gaming 3" and the BIOS update you are trying to use is for a "GA-AB350-Gaming 3-rev-1x." These are two different motherboards, and the BIOS version for one will not work on the other.

It's important to make sure that you are downloading the correct BIOS update for your specific motherboard model and revision. You can check the model and revision number of your motherboard by looking at the label on the board itself or by checking the box it came in.
If you are still unsure about what BIOS you need to update your motherboard, you can contact the Gigabyte support team for assistance.

Jan 22, 2023
It looks like the error you are encountering is related to the BIOS ID check, which is a feature that compares the current BIOS version on your motherboard to the version you are trying to update it to. This is a security measure to prevent accidental installation of the wrong BIOS version, which can cause serious problems.

Based on the information you've provided, it seems that the version of the BIOS you are trying to update is not compatible with your specific motherboard. This is likely because the motherboard you have is a "GA-AB350-Gaming 3" and the BIOS update you are trying to use is for a "GA-AB350-Gaming 3-rev-1x." These are two different motherboards, and the BIOS version for one will not work on the other.

It's important to make sure that you are downloading the correct BIOS update for your specific motherboard model and revision. You can check the model and revision number of your motherboard by looking at the label on the board itself or by checking the box it came in.
If you are still unsure about what BIOS you need to update your motherboard, you can contact the Gigabyte support team for assistance.

Hello, i have a GA-AB350 Gaming 3 rev1.0. I should have specified it on my post. I have a picture of my motherboard right here
IMG_20230122_172425.jpg
IMG_20230122_172441.jpg