[SOLVED] Issue with new RTX Aorus 3080 power indicator light

May 9, 2021
I recently built a custom PC with an rtx AORUS 3080, and am having an issue with one of the power indicator lights on it. Whenever I am at load running a stress test, benchmark or more demanding game the power indicator light on the right-most PCI Express port on the card is occasionally blinking. There are two PCI cables from my PSU feeding the card with the third being split off of one of the two. I haven't seen any issues whatsoever in game or at idle, nor have I had any crashes after multiple several-hour sessions. This only seems to blink when the GPU is being heavily utilized.

Here is a video of my card doing what I'm talking about during an in-game benchmark:
View: https://youtu.be/IdjeaZiVzm8

According to this card's manual, a blinking power indicator light means "abnormal power", aka the GPU isn't getting the power it needs. This is a pretty beefy machine and is rocking an Apevia 1000 Watt Gold 80 Plus PSU, which I regret getting as I should've went for a more reputable, name-brand PSU. But 1000W should be more than enough to power this computer. Does anyone have any tips or insight to an issue like this? Am I probably looking at a faulty Power Supply or faulty card? I've tried reseating the PCI-E cables going from the PSU to the GPU, but the blinking on the right-most PCI-E port still occurs.

Specs:
Intel Core I9-10900k
AORUS 3080 rtx
Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Cooler
MSI Z590 Pro Wifi LGA
4x8gb DDR4-4000 Gskill Trident Memory
1 1TB Samsung 8=970 EVO Plus
6 TT Premium Riing Trio 120MM fans

I'm pretty stressed about this so I VERY much appreciate any information or advice anyone has on this issue.

May 9, 2021
Yeah I'm very much regretting the Apevia PSU at this point and will be looking into another immediately. I assumed pretty quickly that this component bit me and that I'd have to replace. Would anyone have any recommendations for size/wattage? I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to power but from the calculators I've used 850W would probably be enough.