Question Issue with RAM speeds ?

Dec 29, 2022
Hi, I recently bought a DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz RAM, i have one already in my PC but it's 1833Mhz 8GB. In my task manager i can see 2 RAMs connected and only 800Mhz speed. Otherwise in my BIOS I can see "Current DRAM frequency is 1600MHz. I don't know if it count together, or only the one that i bought recently. I would like to hear some tips from you guys if you know anything more about it. PS: I don't have XMP in my bios.

The 800MHz you see is supposed to be doubled, as it is DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM. So it's currently running at 1600MHz, which is normal. When you have two different RAM speeds active in your system, it changes to the speed of the lowest speed RAM, in your case 1600MHz. In other words, you now have 16gb of 1600MHz RAM, but it doesn't work exactly the same as 2 sticks of the same exact RAM would behave with XMP turned on.

It's always adviseable to get a set of 2 RAM sticks, but since your BIOS lacks the XMP functionality, it loses its logic.

Dec 29, 2022
The 800MHz you see is supposed to be doubled, as it is DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM. So it's currently running at 1600MHz, which is normal. When you have two different RAM speeds active in your system, it changes to the speed of the lowest speed RAM, in your case 1600MHz. In other words, you now have 16gb of 1600MHz RAM, but it doesn't work exactly the same as 2 sticks of the same exact RAM would behave with XMP turned on.

It's always adviseable to get a set of 2 RAM sticks, but since your BIOS lacks the XMP functionality, it loses its logic.
So it ran on 1600MHz together and DDR double it to 3200Mhz or did i get it wrong?,