Issue with Windows 10 on VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm trying to run the Windows 10 Technical Preview on VirtualBox. Trouble is, every time it restarts for the install, it resets itself and resorts to the beginning of the install. Why is this happening?

Solution
Sounds like it is booting from the install disk again automatically. VirtualBox should have a key to press to bring up the boot menu (you can also modify this permanently in the VirtualBox BIOS for this VM). Force it to boot fro4m the hard drive after the first reboot in the install process. It should continue on to the next step.
Sounds like it is booting from the install disk again automatically. VirtualBox should have a key to press to bring up the boot menu (you can also modify this permanently in the VirtualBox BIOS for this VM). Force it to boot fro4m the hard drive after the first reboot in the install process. It should continue on to the next step.

Solution

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
What OS are you using VirtualBox in? I know I had problems installing in Windows 8.1 Pro. The reason I had a problem is because i had Hyper-V enabled. It would let me install a VM in either VMplayer or VirtualBox. Then when I disabled Hyper-V I could install in either VM.

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

It's set to Windows 10. The issue has been already fixed, but thanks for trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.