Issues on MSI B250M Gaming Pro motherboard (EZ Debug flashes from DRAM to VGA)

yurnamehere_7725

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
Just upgraded my cpu from an i5 7400 to a i7 7700 and my PC isn't posting. The EZ Debug is now flashing from DRAM to VGA, pausing for a moment on VGA before it quick flashes back to DRAM. I've tried reapplying thermal paste, reseating my RAM, taking my GPU out and using onboard graphics, switching back to my previous processor, resetting CMOS, putting my RAM in slot 2 (that changes the light to a steady VGA) as well as checking my pins are connected. I have no idea what the problem is right now and would like some assistance with this. I'm not sure what the BIOS is and I can't get my PC to display anything to check IT. I do believe I updated it to the latest version when I built it back in April. Video of what happens when I turn it on.

https://youtu.be/RmX9ksuIH0M

yurnamehere_7725

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
This is an older picture before I cleaned up that smudge on the board. Thought that might've been shorting everything after taking the picture.

https://ibb.co/SdbsKWP

Update: it now boots to Windows 10 after reseating cpu and switching RAM to DIMM slot 2. Turns out the first slot went bad. However, gaming performance has suffered tremendously, and I'm not sure if that's due to the RAM being in the second slot. Will be updating BIOS later to see if it fixes the issue.

yurnamehere_7725

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
I'm not 100% sure. I'm transferring some programs to my D drive so I can reinstall windows if needed. Once I'm done with that, I'll take my cooler off and examine it. Any suggestions on fixing it if it is indeed a bent pin?

yurnamehere_7725

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
It is indeed a bent pin. I don't have a magnifying glass or a tool fine enough to bent it back. Looks like I'll be investing in a new motherboard soon :/ Thank you for your help. In the mean time, it'll work for browsing and music, just no gaming.