Question Issues waking up from sleep mode.

lordreyrey

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Good morning everyone.

Heres my issue. I am run I am running windows 10. Display is set to turn off after 10 minutes. And system to sleep after 30.

When in sleep mode, if I press the keyboard keys, or use the mouse, the system wakes up. The lights come on. System powers up. The monitor comes on and says acer.... then goes to no display screen.

I literally have to use the power button on the pc to turn it off and restart. Every time.

I built the system myself. Many components from my old built PC, which was also having this same issue. I just upgraded mobo and cpu.

I9 9900k
Asus maximus hero xi
Geforce 1080ti
48gb DDR4 ram, two sticks 2133, two sticks 2400
Samsung 970 m.2
Acer 1440p monitor using display port.

Any ideas?

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You're not using more than one monitor are you? What kind of monitor are you using? This may sound strange but check your monitor tab in screen resolution and see if the drivers are installed. Some monitors get quite finicky especially with running on hertz other than 60hz and waking up upon sleep mode will cause it to not respond. It's even more prominent with multi display users with different native hertz across all of them.

Lastly, you can try running nvidia surround , that will force your monitor to behave a certain way and prevent thing issues from happening. And as always update your gpu drivers as well. Good luck!

lordreyrey

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Interesting. My issue seems to be solved...

An expert can probably explain now...

Side note. Hopefully this helps someone, as I see a ton of posts about this issue, and no real fixes...

Anyhow, totally unrelated, I upgraded my memory, listed above, to Corsair RGB Pro 3200... just because I wanted faster memory...and for no reason RGB.

If fixed the issue. Im not having it anymore, and I have dealt with it for years.