Question Issues with 4k TV when using Pixel Clock Patcher to go higher than 1080p ?

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
Hey,

I currently have 2 monitors and 1 Tv hooked up to my AMD rx580.

I have no issues at all with the 2 monitors, but my TV by default can only be set to 1080p despite being a 4k tv.

I know I can't run this tv at 4k 60hz, it needs to be 30hz but i'm fine with this as I only plan on using it for watching tv/movies.

I manage to get round the the 1080p limitation using the Pixel Clock Patcher and then when I go into customer resolution create it auto creates a 4k profile at 30hz and Windows then recommends that I use it.

The issue i'm having is that every maybe 2/3 mins sometimes a bit longer, the screen will go black then quickly come back on like it loses connection and occasionally when it cuts out I will see some green pixelation before it goes black screen and back on.

Tried multiple wires and even tried using my iGPU instead of the dGPU and had same issue, so believe it's tied to the Pixel Clock Patcher in some way.

Any ideas how to resolve this ?

Thanks.

NanoSuit3

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
So this may sound weird or odd or whatever the case but you could practically force 4K 60 via AMDs' Super Resolution Scaling. This is why I prefer Nvidia GPUs IMO cuz their more diverse and easier to manage with this kind of stuff. Also those green pixels means that the GPU or Display can't withstand the amount of pixels that're being or are projected as I've had that problem testing 8K 120Hz on one of my TVs for a 3090 Ti benchmarking. See if you could get your hands on a decent Nvidia card that you can use to get 4K 60 and if you can't try using DSR in the NVCP settings which will force 4K 60 even if it's not supported. Food for thought..........................

TRENDING THREADS