Question Issues with audio input and output in Windows 10 and Discord

Dec 25, 2022
Earlier I was trying to use discord to talk with friends while gaming but it wouldn’t pick up my voice, all that would play was static. So I looked at my windows audio settings and the input and output were correct and the microphone test would pick up my voice. But no matter what I did it wouldn’t work in discord so I updated my Realtek audio drivers to see if that would fix the issue. Instead, now it plays output through my microphone and won’t pick up my voice even in the windows mic test. I have tried to change the input and output in the sound settings menu but no matter what I change it to it does the same thing, plays whatever I’m listening to out of my microphone. I can’t figure out where to go from here

Earlier I was trying to use discord to talk with friends while gaming but it wouldn’t pick up my voice, all that would play was static. So I looked at my windows audio settings and the input and output were correct and the microphone test would pick up my voice. But no matter what I did it wouldn’t work in discord so I updated my Realtek audio drivers to see if that would fix the issue. Instead, now it plays output through my microphone and won’t pick up my voice even in the windows mic test. I have tried to change the input and output in the sound settings menu but no matter what I change it to it does the same thing, plays whatever I’m listening to out of my microphone. I can’t figure out where to go from here
System specs?

Just updated it and now all that comes through my mic is a buzzing noise. I know it’s not the mic itself as it works fine in Xbox parties so it’s got to be something else with my computer
I'm not 100% what would have happened here on that end, this is very odd. In cmd as admin try running
Sfc /scannow

This probably won't fix the audio but a start to see if there maybe an issue in windows or hardware

Dec 25, 2022
I'm not 100% what would have happened here on that end, this is very odd. In cmd as admin try running
Sfc /scannow

This probably won't fix the audio but a start to see if there maybe an issue in windows or hardware
I was messing around with it and I’m almost 100% sure my 3.5mm splitter is bad. Since I flipped the input and output cords and I could still hear audio so I believe the cords just bad

Reactions: white.a.drew