Question Issues with Gigabyte z790 DDR4 D motherboard

Sep 7, 2024
Hello all, back in May of 2023 I got an Intel i9 13900KF, Corsair Vengence 3600 DDR4 16gb(2x8), brought over my Gigabyte RTX 3070, and my EVGA 850 G3 Super Nova Gold+ PSU. Back in July my PC just stopped working and wouldn’t post. I was getting a VGA status light that was stuck on, so I figured my GPU was bad, no biggie, I’ll just upgrade, so I bought a 4070 TI Super from MSI. Still the same issue occurred, so I troubleshot as much as I could.

I reseated everything -no change
Tried just one ram stick in A1 and rebooted, did this on A1 the whole way through, no luck. Same thing with the other ram stick, and still no luck.
So I updated the BIOS using the Q Flash Plus on the board, and from what I could tell, it was updating the bios. Im not sure what version it was on originally but I went from original version to F11d. The q flash light stopped, the PC rebooted endlessly after this. I tried resetting the cmos by taking the battery out after unplugging the system, and then held the power button for 15 seconds. I left the battery out for about 2 hours cause I left the house.

Came back, put the battery in, powered the system up, same problem but now the CPU and DRAM light pop up. So I try once more for a bios flash and cmos reset and nothing. So I call gigabyte and get an RMA started with them. Takes 3 weeks and I get my same board back with them saying it tested fine, but when I got the board back, I had 0 power to the board. (This may have been super unlucky because the train it was coming back on was derailed ??? ) so I sent it back out to them, and I get it back literally Tuesday (9/3) however while I was waiting for the motherboard I contacted Intel to replace the cpu under RMA as well, I got a new 13900kf on August 22nd. I went out just in case and also got new ram, 32gb vengence RGB pro also 3600 MHz. Everything is fine all week until today (9/7/24) same problem. Dram and cpu status lights blinking back and forth, constant rebooting. I don’t know what else to do here, except maybe replace the power supply, and probably just change boards. I did test the board outside of my case today too on a cardboard box and tried cmos reset again but no luck on that either. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Thanks!

don’t know what else to do here, except maybe replace the power supply
just test the system with another unit first.

you should also test with just iGPU.
if it may be the PSU causing issue, it could just be that it is no longer capable of providing proper power to the entire system reliably.
Tried just one ram stick in A1
you should start with DIMM A_2, even for single channel sticks.
A_2 & B_2 for dual channel kits.

Sep 7, 2024
just test the system with another unit first.

you should also test with just iGPU.
if it may be the PSU causing issue, it could just be that it is no longer capable of providing proper power to the entire system reliably.

you should start with DIMM A_2, even for single channel sticks.
A_2 & B_2 for dual channel kits.
I would try the iGPU option however I have a KF cpu so unfortunately that isn’t an option for me :(

I did the DIMMA2 I just cycled through all possible slots with each stick individually A1 then A2 then B1 and then B2. Tried leaving the system off for an hour after posting this with no CMOs in still the same issue with constant reboots w/o post. I am gonna get another motherboard tomorrow to test with.