Issues with high Ping / disconnects when online gaming, despite stable internet connection.

Mappsy

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Hi guys,

My internet is fine Speedtest result here not the best ever but works perfectly fine the most time. However, over the last few days whenever I try to play anything online such as Insurgency or Rocket League as soon as I enter a match the ping just starts creeping up from a nice acceptable ~25 to over 800 and beyond, making essentially any game unplayable.
I've changed the wireless channel on my router to one with less interference, double checked the wireless card drivers and neither has really helped. I've tabbed out whilst a game is being affected by the high ping / disconnecting and the internet is still connected and working just like usual...

I'm wondering if it could be a port issue? But I've checked the port list and all my games are greenlit to be open, so not sure that that could be it... starting to run out of ideas really. Anyone here know anything?

Cheers,

KKAW

Admirable

Try: http://www.pingtest.net/

If you are running any other programs at the same time, or even anti virus or anti malware, it may be taking your bandwith.

Also it may be the server of that specific game or the ISP may be routing it through wrong paths, try some other games and see how your ping is.

If you are using wifi, is anyone else using your wifi? Ask them to turn off all of there devices and see if you have the same issue.

Mappsy

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Ping came back as 17ms. I have tried with other wifi devices turned off same result. A week or two ago it was working just fine with them all on anyway. Other games I've now triewd include Fifa 15 and Titanfall, same exact problem I can sign in, I can enter an online game then as soon as it starts the ping creeps up until it's just unplayable or disconnects me... frustrating as I'm running out of things to try!