Question Issues with less than year old PC build, replaced ALL hardware and clean installed Windows 11 ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ralston18

Titan
One constant is the power source: has the wall outlet been checked for electrical issues?

Any other constants: power cords, surge protectors, power strips, etc. serving the problem computer(s)?

= = = =

And you are unable to get into Reliability History/Monitor and/or Event Viewer to look for error codes, warnings, and informational events - correct?

Sep 23, 2024
Power source is fine. Running another perfectly working machine on the same source. Surge protectors are good, ALL heavy duty. The power circuit is dedicated home run to the panel. I'm also an electrician by trade.

Any history, monitor, event viewer, etc can never complete a task without triggering a BSOD error and restart. I can get any data and I can't install anything either. Again, this was all the same errors across 2 machines worth of hardware. ALL hardware replaced in the last week and I'm about to replace the ram again, replace psu, and replace ssd, upgrade cooling, and clean install win 11 again.

Ralston18

Titan
Ref:

"Power supply and all cables are going to be replaced shortly."

Why?

You are throwing parts, time and effort, plus money into a situation that needs to be throughly understood before doing anything else.

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO/E21512_ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO

Late thought: what case(s)?

Overall I am thinking that there is a short somewhere. Use your multimeter and look accordingly.

Also check the PSU(s):

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Delve deeper before spending more.

Sep 23, 2024
Ref:

"Power supply and all cables are going to be replaced shortly."

Why?

You are throwing parts, time and effort, plus money into a situation that needs to be throughly understood before doing anything else.

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO/E21512_ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO

Late thought: what case(s)?

Overall I am thinking that there is a short somewhere. Use your multimeter and look accordingly.

Also check the PSU(s):

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Delve deeper before spending more.
Replacing just to be sure. I'm tearing it down anyway. Why not upgrade to corsair hx1200i from corsair rm1000x? Already have it in hand. Money is no issue. I have enough parts for a 3rd rig at this point so why not a build a testing rig? That's the plan going forward but, I need to get THIS one working first.
That's the mobo! Replaced 1 with another like and kind last week. Doubt that was the issue since the exact same issues are happening with the brand new rig. The case is Corsair graphite series 760T

Ralston18

Titan
Pretend that money is an issue and do not spend anymore money - likely will be wasted as I follow through this thread.

Do over from scratch.

Read/reread the motherboard's User Guide/Manual along with all documentation for installed components including the case. Go to the manufacturer's website(s) for updates and corrections. Check FAQs.

Double and triple check each step and pay close attention to all fine print, warnings, configuration settings, and so forth.

Work as if you have never built a system before.

You may be making (or made) out of habit some error of omission or commission.

For example: some motherboards now require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot. Generally DIMMA2.

Your motherboard does not appear to have that requirement but there may be some other details being overlooked.

Or some other oversight. e.g.:

Page 2-14:

"A. Remove the plastic film from the thermal pad."

That, for the time being and barring other information, is all I have to offer for now.

Sep 23, 2024
Pretend that money is an issue and do not spend anymore money - likely will be wasted as I follow through this thread.

Do over from scratch.

Read/reread the motherboard's User Guide/Manual along with all documentation for installed components including the case. Go to the manufacturer's website(s) for updates and corrections. Check FAQs.

Double and triple check each step and pay close attention to all fine print, warnings, configuration settings, and so forth.

Work as if you have never built a system before.

You may be making (or made) out of habit some error of omission or commission.

For example: some motherboards now require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot. Generally DIMMA2.

Your motherboard does not appear to have that requirement but there may be some other details being overlooked.

Or some other oversight. e.g.:

Page 2-14:

"A. Remove the plastic film from the thermal pad."

That, for the time being and barring other information, is all I have to offer for now.
I appreciate the advice. I did just that! The system I rebuilt WAS working perfectly until a windows update then things got unstable. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why another machine with the exact same parts got the same updates and it's working perfectly. At this point, the other one was completely rebuilt. Started with 1 Dimm in A2, new bios, no overclocking, even changed out the ram again. I still got a BSOD error while clean installing Win 11 on a brand new 4TB WD nvme ssd. I got page fault in nonpaged area. Still installed Windows, installed all most up to date drivers, windows update installed some windows updates but fails to do the most recent one. BSOD after trying to install it. Only difference THIS time is it's only the same BOSD for the page fault. None of the other ones. Plus, I able to run installers and setup packages and the search bar is now working. Still getting page cannot be displayed while browsing. Again edge all up to date, I can be flipping through forums and then randomly I get the page cannot be displayed. I refresh and it's fine. Windows troubleshooter thinks I'm not connected but network connections say connected. Disabled ipv6 in the ethernet settings, fios speed tests at gig speeds upload and download. I can also run sfc and dism now. Before I could not. Found errors and repaired them. I'm convinced that none of the hardware was bad and its ALL windows at this point. I don't feel like I wasted any money because I did want to builld a test rig, maybe not with so masny expensive parts but all I need for that now is a case. Getting back into the affected machine today. I finished the day yesterday and everything seemed stable except the windows update and the page cannot be displayed thing. Returning the corsair dominator platinum. I'll take back that money lol!

Sep 23, 2024
I would part by part replace components in the working computer with parts from the non working computer and see what fails. You may also want to try Hasbro WinToUSB, it's been updated since WinToGo was discontinued.
Thanks. I think I made some progress as some of the issues seem to be gone now except for a couple things related to windows 11. See my last reply for more details. Back to it today and then onto a testing rig with all these parts. Thanks fort the tip.

Sep 23, 2024
Still getting the errors. EVERYTHING has been replaced, I give up! Can't play any games. PC is unusable. Buying a ready made machine with lesser components.