Issues with loading time, multiple HDD/SSD issues upon load up.

Shavrae

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Hello, over the week I've been having issues with my computer. I've got it low to the ground, beneath my desk, and I had gotten very angry with a game earlier this weekend, slapped my desk, and that's when the problems arose (I have a very small desk, the leg of it most likely hit the side of the case...). I've had this PC for three years with next to no problems, and I built it myself. However, on one occasion the SATA cable to my HDD (my secondary drive) was loose, and the problem with my computer resembled the one I'm currently facing.

So, as for my problem currently...: It seems that when I play steam games (located off of my boot drive) they randomly crash, disconnect, or stop responding for a period between 10-60 seconds roughly every 5-30 minutes. I figured this was an HDD problem (my storage drive holds my games on them) so I simply tried to connect the SATA cables from both the MOBO side and the HDD side... but it has only gotten worse. Now when I boot it, rather than taking a standard minute, it takes upwards of 20 minutes. I cannot log into Skype, I cannot update Steam, I can only access the internet and basic computer functions (assuming then, that my boot drive, or SSD, is OK). It's also rather difficult to trace which SATA cable from my HDD links to my boot drive, as I have it pretty decently stationed in the case so that it cannot be seen, and my hands are too big to trace it to where it's went. To go along with this issue though, what perplexes me the most, is that when I start up and check my computer setting on Start, the C and E drives are shown. Only a few minutes later do they disappear and cause problems with my PC.

I'm really not sure what exactly I could have done when I hit my computer desk. I know that a sensor from my SSD had somehow gotten to the reverse end of the case, and hung itself up in the power supply fan until I untangled it. I really made a major goof-up here, I'm just praying it's not serious damage. I'll be available all day to fix it, ANY and ALL help are vastly appreciated. I'll be more careful from now on. :pfff:

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Only things I can suggest are reseating memory, gpu, and reconnect all drives, and ensure CPU cooler didn't somehow get knocked loose and try again. And part being loose could cause an issue with about any other part. Start there and see if that helps

Shavrae

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
The memory, GPU, and corsair water cooling loop are all A-OK. My main worry is that I either A). Messed up the Hard drive or B). Messed up the motherboard. That's not much of an educated opinion though, more of an educated guess. I know how to seat everything and check to see if it's properly installed on the system, but the only things I'm having an issue with currently are the SSD and the HDD. I'm thinking maybe the main cord from the MOBO connecting to the HDD/SSD could be messed up.

Shavrae

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

I've tried everything... still no luck. Would it help if I took some pictures of my rig? Could it be a driver issue possibly/software that happened to take 3 years to surface?