Question Issues with new PC

Jun 7, 2021
Hello All
First of all i am not very familiar with gaming Pc's. I can find my way around a pc just fine but do not know a lot of troubleshooting.
My issue is I just bought a PC for My son it is an Asus ROG it has a Nvidia 3070 and a Ryzen 7 5800x and 16gb of ram His monitor is an Acer KS1 series 1080p 144hz 1ms . I bought this pc thinking it would be able to handle most games but My son is having an issue of stuttering on every single game for some people this would not bother them but My son can not get past that when he sees games on videos they look so smooth but when he plays it stutters when standing still its fine but the moment their is any movement it has that stutter? This is driving My son insane and really putting a strain on everything as he is not sure if its in his head or he is going crazy...could it be the monitor?the 16gb ram is also in a single slot i heard this could be an issue as it should be dual channel? I am willing to get programs and run them or anything i just really need some help before we sell this thing or give up on Pc gaming...any help would be greatly appreciated!!