Question Issues with the RX580 outputting to my monitor

Jacobski

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
Hello. I recently picked up a used RX580 Nitro+ on Ebay with the intention of using it to replace my GTX960. However, the card wouldn't output to my monitor at all despite the card appearing to function normally (Fans spinning, blue LED.etc.). I tried this card on two systems, both my current PC and an older one (see specs below) to see if there was an issue with my current build, but the problem occurred on both systems, making me instantly believe that the card was faulty. I had done a clean Nvidia driver uninstall using DDU, made sure the 6 and 6+2 pin connectors were fitted and re-seated the card a countless number of times but there was no change. I even tried resetting CMOS but the issue still persisted. However, when I returned the product to the seller, the card works perfectly fine in his system. I plan on buying another RX580, perhaps even a new one due to the decent game bundle they have going, but what would I have to do to get the card functioning since it appears that there was no problem with the card itself? Cheers

SPECS (Main PC)
ASUS Prime Z370-P II Mobo
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram
i5 8600k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler
1TB HDD
240GB Kingston SSD
650W Corsair RM650x

(Old PC)
ASUS P8P67 Pro Mobo
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
i5 2500k (Stock cooler)