[SOLVED] No display with new Ryzen 7 5700X3D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2024
Hey all, I just today upgraded my Ryzen 5 3600 to a Ryzen 7 5700X3D, but I'm having some issues.

I've updated the bios to its required version for the new CPU, but after installing the new CPU I'm not getting any display... the pc turns on, and runs, no boot loops or anything along those lines, but I still can't get a display. I reinstalled the old Ryzen 5 3600 and that gives me a display and runs fine.

If anyone could maybe give me some insight as to what to look at and things to try it would be majorly helpful.

PC SPECS:
MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
GPU: RTX 3060 12GB
New CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X3D
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
PSU: Gigabyte P650B

Hey all, I just today upgraded my Ryzen 5 3600 to a Ryzen 7 5700x3d, but I'm having some issues.

I've updated the bios to its required version for the CPU, but after installing the new CPU I'm not getting any display... the pc turns on, and runs, no boot loops or anything along those lines, but I still can't get a display. I tried reinstalling the old CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) and that gives me a display and runs fine.

If anyone could maybe give me some insight as to what to look at and things to try it would be majorly helpful.

PC SPECS:
MOBO: MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max
Old CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
New CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x3D
"required version for the CPU" ? is it really latest version. x3D requires specific version BIOS version and I can't see it in CPU CVL.

Jul 14, 2024
"required version for the CPU" ? is it really latest version. x3D requires specific version BIOS version and I can't see it in CPU CVL.
The few sights I checked to see if the CPU was compatible with my motherboard it said "7B79vHJ" is the bios I needed for the x3D, which happens to be the latest bios on the MSI website for my motherboard.

Does this mean my motherboard isn't compatible with this CPU?

So I'm not really sure tbh. I'm kinda new to all this as this is my first Upgrade since initially building the pc.

The few sights I checked to see if the CPU was compatible with my motherboard it said "7B79vHJ" is the bios I needed for the x3D, which happens to be the latest bios on the MSI website for my motherboard.

Does this mean my motherboard isn't compatible with this CPU?

So I'm not really sure tbh. I'm kinda new to all this as this is my first Upgrade since initially building the pc.
MSI documentation doesn't show any X3D as compatible. Maybe you should contact MSI directly.

Yeah I would contact MSI, obviously the CPU should work. But what I don't like is the fact it is only working with a BETA bios, that is not fantastic. You are probably encoutering a bug with the 5700X3D due to it being a beta BIOS.

Another problem is that MSI has basically dropped support I think for its non-MAX series boards. So who knows if you will ever get a new BIOS update for that board again. I'm in the same boat with my B450 Pro Carbon AC, but thankfully I'm running a 5800X3D so it is supported on the AGESA 1.2.0.7 BIOS update and works flawlessly.

If you can't get it to work, I would highly recommend returning your 5700X3D, buying a 5800X3D, then revert to the last non-beta BIOS your board supports and try running it. Should work because the 5800X3D is an older CPU.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
I removed the CMOS battery, let it sit for about 10 minutes and put it back in and plugged it all back in but no luck.
I removed the CMOS battery, let it sit for about 10 minutes and put it back in and plugged it all back in but no luck.
Check your manual to do a CMOS clear. Did you short out the 2 jbat 1 pins? If not do this to be sure it's not the bios causing the issue.

Hey all, I just today upgraded my Ryzen 5 3600 to a Ryzen 7 5700X3D, but I'm having some issues.

I've updated the bios to its required version for the new CPU, but after installing the new CPU I'm not getting any display... the pc turns on, and runs, no boot loops or anything along those lines, but I still can't get a display. I reinstalled the old Ryzen 5 3600 and that gives me a display and runs fine.

PC SPECS:
MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
New CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Remove the gpu and connect to the mobo....test.

Jul 14, 2024
Hey everyone, thank you all for your input.
As it turns out it technically was a faulty CPU but managed to fix it, and it now posts!

There was a clearish rubber like substance on a few of the pins stopping the connection to the socket. At first I thought it was thermal paste but it wasn't. I managed to clean up the CPU pins and it now posts, I'm currently setting up the BIOS as we speak.

Thank you again everyone who posted here with their thoughts. Guess I don't have to go back in store, happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.