Question Issues with XFX RX 590 Fatboy 8gb, What's going on?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 29, 2020
I've had my RX 590 fatboy for nearly a year now and it's been giving me issues ever since I've had it.

The issue is that at random points when I'm idling or playing a game, the display will suddenly turn off and the audio will cut out, but the computer and keyboard/mouse stay on and the monitor says "no signal". It seems to be some sort of software issue, as my PSU has enough power to supply it and works perfectly, and my ram works great too, there's no conflicts or turns off with the ram since I've had the ram before I got the gpu.

There's a small switch on the card (left for performance and right for quiet mode) and it seems flicking it left gives me the best results, but regardless the problem keeps happening.

I'm running on AMD Adrenalin 20.4.2 (Upgraded from 20.2.2 to see if it fixed anything but it didn't)
Windows 10
24gb of DDR4 2400mhz Ram
650w PSU
Ryzen 5 2600x
And of course the RX 590.

It doesn't seem the event viewer or reliability viewer for windows 10 show anything about what's happening, the only thing I've found was a service control manager error for the luafv service, but googling it revealed nothing related to the actual graphics driver.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 29, 2020
Yet another update:

So I got a Corsair CX750M V2 (Grey Label), I have everything hooked up properly and installed and the issue happened yet again.

I tried a day or two ago with my old graphics card because I didn't remember any crashes (MSI RX 580 4GB) and the issue still happened: The display stops working entirely, the fans still spin up, and the keyboard and mouse don't respond whatsoever, in fact I unplugged and plugged back in my keyboard while this issue was happening to my RX 580 and the keyboard lights didn't even light up unless I restarted the computer entirely.

I'm starting to think this is a software issue of some kind, though event viewer is showing up with nothing worth noting, besides an event that the AMD Master Ryzen Driver's path couldn't be specified and couldn't start. If anyone has anything, please let me know.