So I have had my computer for 1.5 years and here is the specs:
Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
Intel i5-6500 3.2ghz
16 gb DDR4 ram
500 watt power supply
256 gb NVME SSD
1 tb SSHD
Windows 10

For some months now I have had trouble with frame drops when playing games and that it would run slower when using chrome for example (when running a game or not).

But I started noticing that my pc was running slower when a friend of mine had none of those problems when I had a better pc than him.

Recently I built him a completely new pc except for the graphics card since he bought a new one some monts earlier. His specs now is just as good (or same) as mine except for the CPU, he got a i5-8600K. He also has 16 gb DDR4 ram, a GTX 1060 6 gb GPU and he got the same SSHD as me.

Now he runs Fortnite at 144fps stable and still I don't. Mine is at 144fps and then it drops down to like 80fps all the time, so it's always going back and forth between 80 and 144 fps all the time.

What is the issue here, I have reformated my computer once about a half a year ago and that didn't change anything. I have tried a lot of things, cleaning up my computer, updated all my drivers, windows. I know a lot about pc stuff and I frequently fix my friends computer all the time when they need help. But this has had me hanging for months trying to find out what is causing the problem.

Got any ideas?
Thanks!

Sep 13, 2018

What should I be looking for then? What tells me that there could be something wrong with one of my components?

Sep 13, 2018

Yes. I always update my drivers and I have tried uninstalling my graphics card drivers and installed them again not so long ago.

Sep 13, 2018

Read through a lot of them now and there was lots of DCOM errors. Searched it up what it was and how to fix them and I think that should be fixed now, but I don't know if that still is the issue...

TRENDING THREADS