[SOLVED] It is a bad temperature for Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB?

Jul 2, 2020
Hello!
My RX580 was so loud(I bought it 1 years ago), so I just set fan curve and its not too loud but seems like too hot(75-82C in Detroit Become Human - Ultra,60fps).
I want to reduce it 65-70 if it possible, or it is normal?
I never overclocked it.
Idle temp is 30-33C.
My case is CM Masterbox MB520(RGB Edition).
i3 9100F, 16GB RAM, BQ Pure Power 11 600W

Thanks in advance for answers.

Solution
If it used to have lower temps then it's probably the thermal paste.
Change it but make sure you use good quality or else you might just increase the temps.
RX 580 is known to have higher temps, if you're comparing to nvidia then don't bother. You should be able to get ~75 under load though so I'd definitely try the new thermal paste BUT even 82C isn't the worst and it'll probably never die due to heat.
Change it but make sure you use good quality or else you might just increase the temps.
RX 580 is known to have higher temps, if you're comparing to nvidia then don't bother. You should be able to get ~75 under load though so I'd definitely try the new thermal paste BUT even 82C isn't the worst and it'll probably never die due to heat.

Solution
Jul 2, 2020

Thank you, i'll change the thermal paste at the weekend.
By the way, I don't really know what was the temperature, because I wasn't interested in.
I just used this card with stock fan options and never checked the GPU temp.
I'll replace the case fans too, because I heard that MB520 has bad fans(I want to replace all of 4 fans to BQ Pure Wings 2 HS).
The only thing I'm worry about I saw on yt videos they run this card between 65-70C.
What do you think, it will solve the problem?

Thank you, i'll change the thermal paste at the weekend.
By the way, I don't really know what was the temperature, because I wasn't interested in.
I just used this card with stock fan options and never checked the GPU temp.
I'll replace the case fans too, because I heard that MB520 has bad fans(I want to replace all of 4 fans to BQ Pure Wings 2 HS).
The only thing I'm worry about I saw on yt videos they run this card between 65-70C.
What do you think, it will solve the problem?
Getting better fans is good as well but you should look at fan curves in MSI afterburner. Let the Fan reach 100% when its temp goes above 70C. If it's already allowed to go to 100 then yeah thermal paste + fan change is good idea just make sure you do it well, don't accidently mess with the card.

Jul 2, 2020
Getting better fans is good as well but you should look at fan curves in MSI afterburner. Let the Fan reach 100% when its temp goes above 70C. If it's already allowed to go to 100 then yeah thermal paste + fan change is good idea just make sure you do it well, don't accidently mess with the card.

Okey, i'll try with 100% @ 70C, thank you for the help!

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hello, i have the rx 580 sapphire pulse as well. I rarely go over 75C and max temps are at 70C most if not all the times during gaming. Now, i have a few tips for you. Repaste it and use a can of compressed air to clean the heatsink and fans. Set up a fan curve in the msi afterburner. You do NOT need to use 100% fan speed at 70C. It will be loud and unnecessary. I put only 60% fan speed at 70C. If your ambient temperature is lower, you can set it at 55% or 50%. Next, you can search on youtube on how to undervolt the card using msi afterburner as well. All cards are different so dont follow the values exactly but if you can then that's your luck

Jul 2, 2020
Hello, i have the rx 580 sapphire pulse as well. I rarely go over 75C and max temps are at 70C most if not all the times during gaming. Now, i have a few tips for you. Repaste it and use a can of compressed air to clean the heatsink and fans. Set up a fan curve in the msi afterburner. You do NOT need to use 100% fan speed at 70C. It will be loud and unnecessary. I put only 60% fan speed at 70C. If your ambient temperature is lower, you can set it at 55% or 50%. Next, you can search on youtube on how to undervolt the card using msi afterburner as well. All cards are different so dont follow the values exactly but if you can then that's your luck

Hello!
I think I solved the problem. I tried to make a new fan curve and its look like working.
60C @ 70% and after 1 hours playing Detroit, its still under 60C(56-58).
So thank you guys for all help! :)

Jul 2, 2020
Detroit at ultra 60fps will push 100% usage on an rx 580 constantly.

Possibly one of the most demanding games graphically out there, does look amazing though, apart from all the random crashes I keep getting.

Yea, the usage is 100%.
This game is just amazing, so great graphics and story too, and I'm so happy now I reduced the card temp to under 60, now I dont need to worry about this.
Thank you all guys.

Yea, the usage is 100%.
This game is just amazing, so great graphics and story too, and I'm so happy now I reduced the card temp to under 60, now I dont need to worry about this.
Thank you all guys.

Can I ask what driver you're using.

I'm having huge trouble with detroit with my 580 (pulse same as you).
Every 10 minutes it force closes back to desktop.

Tried 3 or 4 different drivers now.

Swapped out for my old gtx 970 and it runs absolutely solid as a rock.

Jul 2, 2020
Can I ask what driver you're using.

I'm having huge trouble with detroit with my 580 (pulse same as you).
Every 10 minutes it force closes back to desktop.

Tried 3 or 4 different drivers now.

Swapped out for my old gtx 970 and it runs absolutely solid as a rock.

Hello!
I always update the driver to the newest one in AMD Adrenalin.